Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 03:07PM

Just curious...what DO you think about homosexuality? You're pretty vague on your responses regarding the topic. I realize it can be a difficult concept to examine after the years of mindfucking the LDS church heaps on a person, but I really am curious to know what your stance is on it.

Trying not to be confrontational.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 03:09PM

This will be interesting. He's already said that BKP was right though.

Date: January 18, 2011 04:03PM

Posted by: Highland ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 04:05PM

Is homosexuality the only thing that matters?

Posted by: edmarc ( )

I have posted my views on homosexuality here previously.

I personally think it is wrong. People say I'm homophobic and a bigot. That's fine, they are entitled to their opinion.

Date: January 18, 2011 04:07PM

Why do you think it's wrong?

GLA

Date: January 18, 2011 04:11PM

It goes against the natural order of things. It destroys families, and disrupts societes. Many homosexual militants try to justify their perversions and normalize what is not natural not to mention I find is disgusting.

Date: January 18, 2011 04:14PM

edmarc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It goes against the natural order of things. It
> destroys families, and disrupts societes. Many
> homosexual militants try to justify their
> perversions and normalize what is not natural not
> to mention I find is disgusting.

Since you opened the can of worms, be prepared to back up your ridiculous claims.

Can you provide specific examples of how homosexuality destroys families and disrupts societies?

And, pardon the French here, but if the "natural order of things" is procreation, isn't it just as unnatural if you fuck your wife without the intention of getting her pregnant?

Date: January 18, 2011 04:18PM

I will answer your question. People lack self control when it comes to sex. It seems that "Anything goes" is the norm. People are undisciplined and lack restraint to control their bodily appettites and fetishes. Because of this their self-worth suffers along with their self-respect. I don't think I need to say more on this topic here.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 04:21PM

And you have made claims that are UNSUPPORTED. What evidence do you have to back up your claims?

Date: January 18, 2011 04:21PM

You make all these bold statements about how homosexuality is ripping apart families and destroying societies, but like most people who think the way you do, you either cannot or will not back up those statements with anything concrete.

And, yes, you're entitled to have an opinion about the issue, but that doesn't stop a lot of other people from thinking your ideas are complete asshattery.

Date: January 18, 2011 04:17PM

...is your name Raymond?

Date: January 18, 2011 04:19PM

GayLayAle Wrote:
> ...is your name Raymond?

No it is not. Nor is it Ed, but that is my allias here.

Date: January 18, 2011 04:18PM

In nature there is closed to 1,500 species that have homosexual members. In the natural order of things, homosexuality is quite common.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

"A new review made in 2009 of existing research showed that same-sex behavior is a nearly universal phenomenon in the animal kingdom, common across species."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2011 04:22PM by MJ.

Posted by: voltaire ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 04:20PM

And remember, if you can't supply them, it proves you have no logical basis for your bigotry and ignorance.

Date: January 18, 2011 04:23PM

edmarc Wrote:
> It goes against the natural order of things. It
> destroys families, and disrupts societes. Many
> homosexual militants try to justify their
> perversions and normalize what is not natural not
> to mention I find is disgusting.

You are just parroting back what was told to you by a cult.

Goes against the natural order of things? Who gets to say what the natural order is?

Many animals have homosexual sex. For an easy example, Google Bonobo Chimps. Every society has homosexuals in about the same numbers. And wouldn't a guy "mating" with a woman with her tubes tied or a hysterectomy have him going way outside of the natural order of things?

If there are Gays in all societies, and for all of recorded time, wouldn't that mean that it's not much of a disruption?

I'll admit to being homophobic at one time (except for women, that was always kind of fun!) It is what I was taught, and was the norm for my culture.

Then I got educated and realized how stupid it was, and changed my views.

Date: January 18, 2011 04:08PM

And if the LDS church had come out with a revelation saying that being heterosexual was wrong, and everyone had to be Gay to get a pass into heaven...

You would just switch your orientation and become Gay like God wanted you to, right?

You'd just switch what is perverse, and become the one God likes right?

Posted by: amartin ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 04:19PM

Please clarify what you mean "is wrong".

Do you think that there are homosexual people?

Do you just think these people having relationships is wrong?

How do you think someone homosexual should live? Should they just live alone? Should they marry someone of the opposite sex and pretend?

Date: January 18, 2011 04:24PM

Back when I was a youth, the same gender were my friends and we talked about women, who we would date and marry. It never even was a thought about geting "involved" with the same gender. This generation however has the mindset that if you are attracted to anyone, it's ok, and that's wherein in the difference lies today.

Date: January 18, 2011 04:26PM

I'll say it one more time here. People lack self control.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 04:27PM

... your gayness?

Timothy

Date: January 18, 2011 04:29PM

I've been in a committed relationship with my partner for nearly 9 years. We live normal, healthy lives. We pay our taxes. We do volunteer work and are generally productive members of society. We both have penises. So what?

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 04:38PM

Vaginas are clearly better. ;)

Date: January 18, 2011 04:39PM

Rebeckah Wrote:
> Vaginas are clearly better. ;)

+1!

Date: January 18, 2011 04:40PM

Your blatant bias toward the superiority of the female genitalia is unnatural and wrong. LOL *hug*

You're going to have to come up with something far more empirically stable than that to justify your bigotry. If you can.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 04:40PM

I find the thought of homosexual sex disgusting, therefore it is "unnatural".

Very egotistical and immature -- who's surprised?

Date: January 18, 2011 04:33PM

I've answered your questions on this matter. This will be my last post on this thread.

Date: January 18, 2011 04:34PM

edmarc Wrote:
> I've answered your questions on this matter. This
> will be my last post on this thread.

I'll bet it won't be.

Date: January 18, 2011 04:38PM

Why is that? Why are you running away rather than showing us what evidence you base your claims on?

Date: January 18, 2011 04:39PM

All you've done is toss off stereotyped hate-rhetoric and expected everyone here to love and respect you. As a jackass Holy Milkinthedick Penishood Holder, that sort of behavior no doubt makes the loser membership of your local ward fall all over you. And perhaps so do the loser-haters in your own family who all, like you, want to blame your own social ineptitude and pitiful idiot bigotry on your little brother, whose only crime was in his decision to live an authentic life. That is the very thing that you reveal you can not do, with all your posting here: "authentic" is what you are not. Instead, you have proven yourself to be both false and craven. Maybe you should stand and testify about that in your next Fast and Testiphony meeting.

Posted by: CL2 ( )

I was wondering what Timothy asked . . . What is he hiding?

Date: January 18, 2011 04:36PM

cl2 Wrote:
> What is he hiding?

I'm betting that watching American Beauty wasn't a good time for him.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 04:45PM

Thanks! You gave me a good laugh.

I was thinking about destroyed families--my family would not have been "destroyed" had the church not told me we had to get married to save him. I would have been THRILLED to love him and support him in the life he NEEDED to live (LIKE I DO NOW)--BUT destroyed? Only if you allow it to destroy your family. That is what YOU DON'T GET.

So--your brother came out of the closet that the LDS church forced him into. I'll say it again--my ex and I are the best of friends. He is close to his children--very close. We all go on vacation together including some of his old boyfriends--his last partner is like a second father to my children. His last partner is one of my best friends. We have a closer family than many of my mormon neighbors--if not MOST. YOU CHOOSE to allow this to destroy your family. It should be something that can bring you closer together. My ex's family is still TBM, but they embrace him as their brother and they still like me around, too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2011 04:45PM by cl2.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.