Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: edmarc ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 03:22PM

How man are TBMS with concerns?

How many are inactive who finally got disgusted with the concerns?

How many have completely left?

How may are bitter because of hypocrite leader actions?

I'm just curious.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 03:23PM

As soon as they start typing.

Ron

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 03:29PM

I can repost if you like.

GLA

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 03:34PM

Posted by: voltaire ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 03:32PM

That should be your first clue, Sherlock.

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 03:37PM

I'm not entirely sure of the question, but if you give me another chance to voice my annoyance, I'll take it.

A person will probably be perceived as a TBM if they come here and...

Say that BKP was right.

Say things like... just because some leaders are hypocrites, doesn't make the church wrong.

Accuse harmed people of being bitter, and needing to forgive.

Praise the book or mormon.

Call Gays perverts.

And that's just what you've done today.

Myself?
I'm a pissed off person who wasted my life doing something that I didn't like over a bunch of lies.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 04:01PM

...oh, and add "...while giving money all along the way". :)

Ron

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 03:47PM

Do you have an actual argument or do you need to STFU ?

And can you write a sentence without using the word "bitter" ?

Posted by: voltaire ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 03:50PM

edmarc can't write a sentence without including the word "bitter" because he is so bitter that he isn't able to outwit anyone here.

Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 03:48PM

Posted by: saviorjoe ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 03:57PM

Actually, I stopped giving a damn about what leaders do in their positions. If you are under someone's command, no matter where you are in life, you will likely judge someone because you hold them up to ideals and want their roles to be fulfilled competently, right? You might also be secretly jealous of them, especially if they are privy to special information and are part of an insider's club. Now, look at Mormonism and determine if you wouldn't be secretly jealous of all that and then judge the leader when they were trying to claim revelation from God and didn't do it right. Many people are offended by things that Mormon leaders do because those things are done under the direction of craziness and uninspired literature written by supposed apostles on a bad or maybe really good day full of piousness and self-righteous indignation. So, I could choose to be bitter or offended at something that someone did, but I choose not to be, which is why I don't care for anything in the church. So, you have it backwards. I found out 4 months after my previous seminary teacher got put as bishop of my home ward that he was bishop. I DON'T CARE. But he went on to say that he has people that judge him harshly and are likely to be bitter or offended. It's the fact that I don't want to live as a hypocritical Christian that I don't care about that kind of stuff. Enough said....

Posted by: saviorjoe ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 04:03PM

Just to be clear about what you asked, in case you were wondering. My mind was on overdrive trying to figure out whether the church was true. I only have a certain amount of RAM in my brain and by ditching Mormonism, I freed a lot up. Polygamy? Blacks and the priesthood? Joseph and his sexual escapades? Sorcery and magic? God trying to be interesting for us or is god a sorcerer of sorts too? WTF? Oh, wait, the church probably isn't true. Problem solved. On to better things....

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.