Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: edmarc ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 05:52PM

I'm finding that my views are still more Pro-LDS than Anti-LDS.

I've only starting posting here because of my recent concerns.

I can tell when people are bitter and angry towards the church because they have been hurt or wronged by someone.

I enjoy conversations that mirror my concerns, but I can't stand trolls who have nothing better to do than back others into a corner trying to make them explain themselves of why they object to certain immoral perversions.

At this point, I do not believe it is appropriate to make light of what is sacred, or poke fun at any religion.

Just my rant. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 05:54PM

I think you're right. This is the deep end of the pool. Please keep all children in the wading pool. That is all.

Ron

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 05:55PM

I told you this might not be a good fit for you.

And just so you know, just because you don't believe in some lies, doesn't make a person an "Anti" anything.

If mormonism is still sacred to you, this isn't the place for you at all.

Good luck finding a better fit.

(edit for spelling)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2011 05:56PM by DNA.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 05:55PM

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 05:56PM

And once a again, here with everything you just stated, you've shown that you just don't get it.

One day I truly hope you do.

Oh, and I don't think you get what a troll is. Or at least in your case, maybe it takes one to know one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2011 05:59PM by Queen of Denial.

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )

You are DEFINITELY still 100% LDS as evidenced by your statement that you only enjoy conversations that mirror your concerns.

Total sheep mentality.

And just so you know, if you make blanket statements here about a certain way of life, be prepared to be called out on the carpet to back those things up instead of slinking away like a child saying you aren't going to talk about it anymore.

Grow up, Ed.

Posted by: SpongeBob SquareGarments ( )

This isn't an 'anti' board. It is pro-truth.

Date: January 18, 2011 06:00PM

We've been scammed!!!

He posted this, then started a new thread as if he hadn't said this at all.

He's been playing us for a couple of days now.

Posted by: Lillium ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 06:00PM

>I enjoy conversations that mirror my concerns, but I can't stand trolls who have nothing better to do than back others into a corner trying to make them explain themselves of why they object to certain immoral perversions.

Yeah I understand it can be embarrassing to be asked to explain something you believe when your only reason is "because the pwofit toad me so." So, when you start thinking for yourself and can give justification for your positions, you will feel more comfortable here. Till then, ta ta.

Posted by: Jon ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 06:01PM

...and just what do you consider sacred about Mormonism?

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )

Posted by: mateo ( )

Seriously, ed, you will probably find yourself more at home at:

http://www.newordermormon.org

I sincerely wish you the best on your efforts to figure things out. I hope you find your way out of TSCC, and I hope you learn to let go of the prejudices they've programmed into you. And I hope you can come to understand why those prejudices are so offensive to most people here.

Date: January 18, 2011 06:08PM

I've poked around there too. Lots of similar stuff there.

Posted by: elee ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 06:02PM

edmarc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I've only starting posting here because of my
> recent concerns.

edmarc, I can't say as I have any idea what these alleged concerns of yours are. You haven't told us what they are. All you've done is go onto threads that you don't agree with, and vomit the Mormon Party Line all over them.

Maybe this isn't the place for you. That's something you'll need to decide. But until you actually state your concerns with the church (something more specific than you have problems with new "policies"), you aren't likely to get any help or insight.

Just sayin'. Instead of telling us what's wrong with us (whether we're bitter, anti or gay), why don't you just talk about your own experiences and ask us some questions?

Failing that, I have to believe your posts here come from a place of insincerity.

Sorry.

Date: January 18, 2011 06:04PM

Ed posted these on the Pet Peeves thread

1)Priesthood Meeting opening hymn. The bishop asked a deacon to choose a hymn and the quorum cringes while they sloppily sing one verse. Now wasn't that inspirational?

2)Fireside Refreshments) When they bless the doughnuts to nourish and strenghten us to serve thee.

3)Janitorial Service. The church seems to guilt you into cleaning the church when you already pay them 10% of your income. They say you will get "blessings"

4)Testimony Meeting. A whole thread is needed for that.

5)Boy Scout and YM Chanting. Very cultish when they keep reciting the YM theme in priesthood making you stand up.

6)Kitchen use. "This room is to be used for warming and serving food, not preparing and cooking of food".

Date: January 18, 2011 06:04PM

Not exactly issues with Mormonism...

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 06:07PM

Reading his list is like sitting in a gossip circle at a RS function.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2011 06:07PM by Queen of Denial.

Date: January 18, 2011 06:06PM

elee Wrote:
> edmarc Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> All you've done is go onto
> threads that you don't agree with, and vomit the
> Mormon Party Line all over them.
>

+1

That's what I saw too.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 06:06PM

edmarc wrote:

"At this point, I do not believe it is appropriate to make light of what is sacred, or poke fun at any religion."

You're not ready at this point, but when you are, RFM will still be here.

Until then, let me offer some food for thought regarding what you deem certain immoral perversions.

Any act, any ritual, any cause that involves my thingy in any capacity whatsoever cannot be considered "sacred"

The same holds true with yours.

There is nothing "sacred" about sex. People fuck for the same reason all other life forms on this planet fuck (metaphorically speaking). And it ain't got nuthin' to do with "the family"

Timothy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2011 06:07PM by Timothy.

Posted by: nve ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 06:08PM

I posit that you will not stray far from this board. We will probably see you again in about a year. You will probably apologise for your ignorance/ narrow minded views on homosexuality and refresh us with your new world view.

It is likely the only way forward if you want to get rid of the darkness you were talking about in another thread.

We can only live in hope. Until we meet again at the pleasing bar of god, Adieu.

Alternatively you are one of BKPs speech writers in which case Fuck off.

Date: January 18, 2011 06:11PM

I have just laughed so hard at your last line that I think a little bit of wee came out...!

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 06:10PM

Really? You can?

Then maybe you should stop wronging people, here?

You don't think you are?

Well... there are some that would disagree.

This place can be a learning curve. Or a very steep learning slope.

Don't fall off it, keep on track and it will help in your recovery.

By the way, I learned a lot here. The throat and belly slitting stuff in the temple? I never knew about that 'til I came here.

Posted by: martinf ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 06:20PM

Regarding the throat slitting stuff - DW gave me the latest Dan Brown novel in which he described an elevation to the highest masonic rank. As I'm not a mason, I didn't know that ceremony has all the throat slitting gestures to safeguard against spilling secrets too. I didn't know whether he was describing masonry or an older temple endowment.

Posted by: The StalkerDog™ ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 06:12PM

You "object to certain immoral perversions"... from your other stuff you posted I'm thinking you're meaning two consenting adults of the same gender loving each other.

BUT you go out of your way to defend child molesters, who are CRIMINALS and MONSTERS who hurt kids and rob them of their innocence and trust.

This dog says your priorities are seriously skrewy.

Date: January 18, 2011 06:14PM

How come no one here is allowed to put down what you hold dear but you want to be free to bash away at whatever you want to?

Youse a for-real Mormon, ain't ya?

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 06:18PM

The StalkerDog™ Wrote:
> You "object to certain immoral perversions"...
> from your other stuff you posted I'm thinking
> you're meaning two consenting adults of the same
> gender loving each other.
>
> BUT you go out of your way to defend child
> molesters, who are CRIMINALS and MONSTERS who hurt
> kids and rob them of their innocence and trust.
>
> This dog says your priorities are seriously
> skrewy.

"Immoral perversions?"

So that would imply there are some "moral perversions?" How would we know? How could we tell the difference?

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 06:12PM

Perhaps we should thank him for that one...

And this last is a great poster child effort for cognitive dissonance, something I always have trouble communicating about to others...

Note the regression to black-and-white namecalling ("Pro versus Anti"); that's someone who came here with a lot of surging adolescent testosterone and has been pretty shaken...

I called it wrong, thinking he was a Mormon turned evangie, but who knows for certain... I've changed my mind again, that's all...

A Cabbie note to edmarc: I watched the pundits today on Sarah-what's-her-name, the gal from Alasaka...

She used your same talking point about being backed into a corner... Only they pointed out she ran to the corner and turned around and accused people of driving her there...

Or, in my patented Cabbie analysis, you brought along your own do-it-yourself-Crucifixion-kit...

Well, take your story back to the BY-Zoo and tell the gals about it... Shoot, one of them might even let you cop a feel after she hears about your heroics...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2011 06:17PM by SL Cabbie.

Posted by: martinf ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 06:15PM

That's one of the strengths of this world - what some consider sacred others consider anything but.

Posted by: What is Wanted ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 06:15PM

because we realized we were raised in a cult. Grew up happy in the church, served mission, married in temple and raise kids in church. But upon studying about Cults and how they work it became obvious the Mormon church is a cult acting as a church run by a coporation.

The internet made it possible to check information and their sources. Once I was able to read from church publications its history and obvious fraudulent practices and traditions it was time to go. Being in a cult and not knowing is one thing, but staying in cult once it is revealed was not an option.

If you want to stay in a cult then that is your choice. Others get rather upset once they realize how they have been lied to and manipulated and have to watch their family members drink the koolaid because they are slaves to their coporate cult overlords.

Posted by: atheist&happy:-) ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 06:24PM

on a board for people recovering from being a TBM, that is not being a troll. You are being a troll by baiting the board with TBM dogma while pretending to search for answers.

You are totally incapable of thinking for yourself. You have no interest in gathering and evaluating evidence based on its merits. You cannot use logic or reasoning, but instead are box shopping, trying to see which box best fits your “views”, which are what you have been told to believe from when you were a baby, and by your culture of birth. It is a credit to those on RfM that they have been so generous with their time.

Date: January 18, 2011 06:26PM

Danged diet dog food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: January 18, 2011 06:29PM

I don't think anyone who is reading and posting here is a TBM anymore. That doesn't mean that they have abandoned their entire integrity.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.