Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: benben ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 06:39PM

I won't call her a TBM because she has her limits with BS...but my fully active sister always has the most interesting interactions with TBMs on facebook.

We just found out about the loss of our grandmother recently. My sis decides to comment briefly about it on facebook. Among the outpouring of support for her from her non-member friends are, of course, countless comments of support from TBM friends.

However, far too many of the comments from the TBMs seem to be laced with deeper concerns about her ability to fulfill church assignments. You know, actual comments like, "I am so sorry to hear that. Let us know if you are ok. Are you still able to bring the salad on Thursday?" Or another actual comment, "I am so sorry. Let me know if this Sunday is still possible for music in primary."

I understand the need to rearrange and correlate events for a weekly church service, but damn it! Really? They couldn't just respond with "sorry" and then give her a personal call a day later?

It's not even the fact that they responded on facebook. It's just that the last three or four times that something bad has come up, the TBMs immediately follow their condolences with "Now about that church thingy..." Hell, I would even accept one of them offering condolences followed by "about that church thingy...don't worry about it. I will do it for you. Take care of yourself." But no...they have always responded with, "you're still available, right?"

I think the last time I ranted about this, one of the "sisters" was concerned because it was the end of the month, and how else could she see my sister for visiting teaching. UGH!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 06:44PM

Posted by: utahmonomore ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 06:50PM

This was the SAME response I got if any when my nevermo brother died from kidney cancer in Fall 05' then when my nevermo dad died exactly 3 years later, not one of those jerks called, came by the house to check on me or anything. Then in the same sentence, every single one of those TBMs said "Well, you ARE going to do their temple work AREN'T YOU?" I said "NOPE"! This is a typical mormon response...oh, did I mention that my TBM boss at the time said he wanted me to work at the same time I heard my dad had died? His response went like this...boss-"Oh, I understand that your dad just died, but I think you should work today." Me-"Are you serious???" I am NOT working today, and if you want to fire me for it go right ahead and I'll sue ya!!"....I left work that day and did not return till the next day. Yep, all in keeping as a TBM, NO time to grieve!!! Work, work, work!

Posted by: Gullibles Travels ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 07:02PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.