Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Heathen ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 07:46PM

I just found my favorite dog dead on a major hwy a couple of miles away. I have 5 fenced and gated acres, but we got lazy about always closing the gate cuz he always stayed home.

What a shitty day.

If good dogs go to heaven, I'm sure he's leading the pack.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 07:48PM

All my dogs are like my kids and I'd be heartbroken if I lost one. Hopefully you'll find some laughs on the board today to help out.

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 07:53PM

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 07:54PM

I'm SO SO SORRY. My dog is my best friend (and he's almost 14). Toughest day of my life was losing my last dog.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 07:56PM

Posted by: elee ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 07:57PM

That is just awful. You must be devastated. (((HUGS)))

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 08:00PM

Oh, no. That's horrible.

At least you found him. It's the not knowing what happened to a beloved pet that makes it worse.

Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 08:03PM

My beautiful German Shepherd was diagnosed yesterday with a mast cell cancer and we are devastated. She has started chemo already and we are hopeful. I hope the hole in your heart heals soon, Heathen.

Posted by: sonoma ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 08:04PM

My deepest condolences. It is such a difficult thing to lose a beloved 4-footed family member. Sounds like he had a great life though. I found that for me, getting another dog was the best way to deal with the pain. I've always said that the only good thing to come from losing a pet is the relationship you'll have with the new one.

Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 08:05PM

My canine soul-mate (lab-pit mix named Wasp) was struck by a car over the Summer. My parents were watching her and she got out of the gate. I still cry about it sometimes but it's getting better. We adopted a rescue last month to fill the dog-shaped hole in our lives, but it will never be the same. We'll love our new addition differently, but no dog will ever be to me what Wasp was.

I'm really sorry you've lost your pup. I know how bad it hurts.

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 08:09PM

I'm sorry about your loss too :(

Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 08:13PM

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 08:07PM

Big hugs from another dog lover.

Posted by: Rebecca ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 08:08PM

Posted by: Voce d' Sicce ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 08:23PM

We have an adorable 3 yr. old shep-mix who, when and if the opportunity presents itself, loves to go exploring, but we are downright vigliant as to her whereabouts. We lost her little sister a couple of years ago to an accidental poisoning. It broke my daughters' hearts; they mourned for weeks afterwards.

Hope the blues don't hang around too long, H.

Best Wishes,

Sicce

Posted by: Charley ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 08:24PM

I lost my old dog over a year ago and I still really miss him. I should get another dog but have been putting it off because last year my health wasn't great. I saw the last of the drs. I needed to see last month and I'm doing great so I'm looking for a new dog.

I'm surprised one hasn't just shown up. I live in a very rural area and people have been known to dump animals out here. The last stray dogs I saw turned out to belong to my neighbor though.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 08:26PM

It was a very very hard day.

We both miss her so much.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Posted by: Emma's Flaming Sword not logged in ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 08:28PM

We lost our Weimaraner several years ago and it still hurts. We planted a Dogwood tree over her grave. I can't wait to see it leaf out this spring.

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 08:35PM

Sorry about your loss. It is very sad when these things happen. It seems to be that their freedom meant a lot to these dogs who lose their lives that way- and then this happens. Occurred once in our family when neighbor let our dog out the front door once and didn't tell us she got out. Just know you had great times with your beloved pet and remember those days. Your pet is hooping it up with others now and having more good times. I keep three photos on the fridg of our recent dog who passed of old age, and I look at it often and smile. I just can't be sad when I look at those lovely photos. Take care.

Posted by: Summer ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 08:50PM

I feel that when it's my time to cross over, I'll be so glad to hear those happy, excited barks of welcome.

You gave your dear dog a good life and lots of love. Take comfort in that.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.