Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Freevolved ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 09:32PM

Don't worry about whether or not you'll see your pet again when they die, Jesus has got your back; at least according to the mormon profits.

Joseph Smith said that "some say 'I cannot believe in the salvation of beasts.' Any man who would tell you that this could not be, would tell you that the revelations are not true. John [the revelator] heard the words of the beasts giving glory to God, and understood them. God who made the beasts could understand every language spoken by them. The four beasts were four of the most noble animals that had filled the measure of their creation, and had been saved from other worlds, because they were perfect: they were like angels in their sphere. We are not told where they came from, and I do not know; but they were seen and heard by John praising and glorifying God."
- Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith 345-346

This was taught by the first presidency of Joseph F. Smith's reign as well. "He made the tadpole and the ape, the lion and the elephant but He did not make them in His own image, nor endow them with Godlike reason and intelligence. Nevertheless, the whole animal creation will be perfected and perpetuated in the Hereafter, each class in its 'distinct order or sphere,' and will enjoy 'eternal felicity.' That fact has been made plain in this dispensation (D&C 77:3)."
- Church First Presidency Message, Christmas greetings, Dec. 18, 1909

Joseph Fielding Smith emphasized this point again, by saying "Animals do have spirits and that through the redemption made by our Savior they will come forth in the resurrection, to enjoy the blessing of immortal life. -"
- Answers to Gospel Questions" Volume 2, Page 48

The friend magazine ran an article on whether birds will go to heaven that said, "Usually, when we talk about the resurrection, we think of people. But the scriptures teach us that man, the earth, and all the life upon it will be resurrected, mentioning especially the beasts, the fowls of the air, and the fishes of the sea. The Savior gave His life so that everything would rise from the dead, even lizards and robins." - "Will Robins Go to Heaven?"
- Church Friend, Apr. 1982, p. 39

These comments should make you feel a lot better whenever you are eating a burger or a steak. All your burgers will be resurrected, thanks to Jesus. Of course it is logical that Jesus died for lizards seeing as he is a raptor - or so I've heard.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2011 10:01PM by Freevolved.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 09:36PM

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 11:16PM

One of my favourite old Twilight Zone episodes is about a man who dies while hunting and wanders around with his dog trying to find out where to go. He gets to one gate on the road with a guard who tells him he can go through but they do not allow pets. He decides that is not the place for him so he keeps wandering around. Eventually a nice young man meets him on the road and tells him that he was going the wrong way and he should come with him -- and the dog can come along too.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 11:24PM

I'm not going anywhere that my dogs can't go.

Posted by: dieter ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 11:25PM

All the dogs I have known in my life belong in heaven more then most people. They are unconditional love on four legs

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 11:46PM

dieter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All the dogs I have known in my life belong in
> heaven more then most people. They are
> unconditional love on four legs

Agreed, unless peeing on the rug or barking at the washer are sins. If they are, mine are in big trouble.

Posted by: anon123 ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 11:50PM

We had this lesson in seminary today! I was very WTF in my mind. It was hard for me to stay in this class, how do they listen to this crap???

Posted by: Thread Killer ( )
Date: January 18, 2011 11:57PM

I know I can't read the poem 'The Rainbow Bridge' without losing it; on the other hand the image of animals praising God like some weird LDS twist on 'The Lion King' makes me kvetch...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.