Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: darkprincess ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 03:57PM

So I was unaware of conference yesterday and as the morning progressed discovered what BKP said. After getting through my intitial shock and anger I began to wonder how this happened.
I work somewhere (not going to say where to keep some annonomintiy) where we are very sensitive to messaging and PR.
Part of what we have to do is be aware of what the people who are speaking are planning on saying. Either we help write the speech, we edit if needed if they write it. When people speak off the cuff we prepare them with talking points, facts, stories, quotes, etc so that we can stick to the message. We also have some ability to decide who will speak so we don't have too many loose cannons.
We are no where near as organized as the mormons during conferenece. Was packer on the public message that they were trying to portray, or did they really have no idea that he was going to say this crap.
I thought that maybe they still think the conference is just for the members and so they were giving an internal message. But how could they be so unaware that so many people would hear what was said. Because so many people I love are still mormons I would rather that they church be inept at their messaging. but I am afraid that it is the opposite they do believe in the doctrine and are full of hate.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 04:05PM

that they let him talk because they know he won't be around long and they can just excuse him as speaking as a man only after he's dead.

In the meantime, they can use him to judge the response to the position they really wish they had the courage to take more forcefully.

Or maybe they just want people to be glad its Tommy at the helm and not Packer. He does make Tommy look better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2010 04:07PM by Heresy.

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 06:59PM

was right about Packer. You can't stage manage a gorilla. He's gonna say what he's gonna say and Tommy Boy simply doesn't have the balls to stop him.

Posted by: Crathes ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 07:05PM

Actually, he said you can't stage manage a grizzly bear. In any case, I think both of those would be easier than managing a mindless, senile a%^hole.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.