Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: edmarc ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 09:18AM

I think I'm being punished for lurking and posting here, but it is addicting.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Marco Torres ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 09:24AM

Striving or stroking? Your posts are getting more confusing by the hour.

Date: January 19, 2011 09:26AM

What is confusing about my post?

Posted by: voltaire ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 09:27AM

Why don't you do some serious reading and learning, instead of spouting ignorant disjointed nonsensical Moron doctrine (which, BIG SURPRISE SURPRISE) everyone here is already FAR more aware of all the minor details regarding than you are.

SERIOUSLY: nobody comes here to read the latest ignorant church-style stupidity about their LGBT friends' "lifestyles" from the likes of you: as noted above WE ALREADY KNOW WHAT THE FUCKING CULT THINKS. So if you can't add constructively to something without turning it all into a mindlessly moralistic fucking Elder's Quorum lesson, then STFU (that stands for Shut The Fuck Up) and learn something you didn't know before. Which is A LOT.

Good luck with all that.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 09:28AM

That's because you have ExMormonRon residue on you. Go take a shower.

Just sayin'...

Ron

Date: January 19, 2011 09:29AM

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 09:31AM

Indeed! Some have gone insane and others rendered sterile. Some both! ;)

Ron

Date: January 19, 2011 09:43AM

Will you give it to me in exchange for my signs and tokens?

Posted by: Sandie ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 09:37AM

inspiration nor revelation.

Just move on with life....

Oh... and hugs!

Posted by: elee ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 09:58AM

You're not being punished.

But this place is definitely addicting. :)

So, do you have any questions for us this morning? Anything you'd like to receive further light and knowledge on?

If I could tell you one thing,edmarc, it's that the church rotten to the core. Propped up on lies, obfuscation and half-truths. Search it out and see for yourself.

Did you get a chance to read that link on the 1st vision narrative I put up for you yesterday?

Hang in there, edmarc. Don't get discouraged. Just keep reading and researching. You can do it.

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 10:00AM

edmac, I'll try to sum up some tact, and help you out. It's painful to watch you keep crashing and burning.

What I see you doing- You came here without expressing a real agenda, then do a strange mixture of acting like you are questioning your belief in one thread that you start, then replying in many other threads as if you are in our wards and need to set us straight about being good people. And it always sounds so mormonish when you do it.

I don't know if you generally have a hard time figuring out social situations, and so this meeting new people on their turf thing is particularly difficult, but here's how it ends up looking.

It looks like a TBM troll. You come in and say just a little bit that sounds like someone questioning, then a whole lot of preaching. Preaching about Gays, preaching about forgiveness, preaching about being offended, preaching about overlooking the wrongs of rapists, bearing testimony about the BoM, etc.

Those same symptoms could be due to a lack of social skills, but it's the same card that some people can't help but play when they are really here to jerk our chains about our leaving the church.

I tend to think that you are a troll. You act like one so skillfully. But part of me wonders if you are a curious questioner, who just can't figure out the social game of human interacting.

I've warned you a few times about biting your tongue when you get the urge to preach at dumb times. For example, when someone is posting very sensitive information about their child getting raped, and you think it's a good time to question their thinking and their commitment to forgiving, done in a very preachy way.

Even after warning you, you turn right around and do it over and over. That is either a troll that doesn't give a damn, or a somewhat genuine person, very lacking in social skills. You may just be schizophrenic, but don't want to say?

Your threads seem so disjointed, as if the same person can't possibly be thinking them up. Trolls sometimes come across that way, because they aren't being genuine. I suppose lack of social skills could do it too.

A person with social skills would soon pick up that this group is not very homophobic, and is in fact pretty Gay friendly. Some I'm sure are raging homophobes here, but they are smart enough about the social game to know to keep their mouth shut, knowing that their view won't be embraced at all. You seem to have missed that, even though it has been pointed out to you.

I'm not sure what the problem is, but as you can see, you're wearing out your welcome. If you are a troll, you are getting exactly what you wanted. You came in to rile everyone up, and succeeded. Soon you will tire, or you'll get kicked off.

If you are not a troll, you should probably admit that you are severely stunted at social interactions, and explain why you come off like you do, and people MIGHT have a little more patience with you.

One more thing, is there anything that you really want to know? Or do you just like talking? Most people arrive here because they want some information. Then they start to chit chat and share more. You jumped over wanting to know something, and went straight to your schizophrenic chit chat.

Is there something that you want to know, or are you just here for the chit chat?

That is my tactful way of saying what everyone else is saying.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 10:52AM

I'm still decent enough to TRY to meet someone halfway in a forum I'm visiting.

I'm afraid I don't really believe the "I'm questioning" line either. Particularly since others have kindly directed him to the New Order Mormon site as a halfway measure and he's ignored that.

Posted by: Timothy ( )

... can lay their hands upon your head (knowwutImean,Vern?) and prompt the Corn-Holey Ghost to again strive within in you and out you and in you and out you and so on until his spirit wells-up and spews forth in abundance.

Timothy

Date: January 19, 2011 10:04AM

gonna get to play with his friend Casper the Holy Ghost again!

Posted by: Jon ( )

I agree with elee.

It's not easy being a gay Mormon.
You just hang on in there and see that the Holy Ghost doesn't dislike you because you have same sex attraction.
Remember, despite what Packer says, it's not unnatural or evil.

One day you'll have the strength to 'come out' and be who you want to be.

To the rest of the board - too subtle?

Date: January 19, 2011 10:08AM

edmarc was having a bed-wrestling strive-fest with his un-named male "friend" and all this time he was referring to him with the euphemism "Wholely Ghost"?

Sheesh! And I missed the whole metaphor!

:-)

Date: January 19, 2011 10:18AM

:)

In spite of edmarc's posts yesterday on the sexual abuse threads, I am still giving him the benefit of the doubt.

It could be he's just utarded.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2011 10:18AM by elee.

Date: January 19, 2011 10:16AM

DNA, I'm here just like anyone else to see other people's point of view. Though I'm no longer TBM, I still have a basic knowledge of right and wrong. I still occassional pray. My wife is TBM. I don't know what you mean about social skills. I for the most part have tried to be tactful and honest with my posts here.

Date: January 19, 2011 10:21AM

Those who can't are called sociopaths. :) Sociopaths are pretty thin on the ground, overall.

You mentioned something about maintaining one's integrity after leaving mormonism yesterday.

How do you define integrity?

Date: January 19, 2011 10:30AM

You truly don't know what DNA means.

Or anyone else for that matter.

Yesterday, first-time poster sariahleah reached out to this board. Your finely honed social skills prompted you to call her a sinner despite the fact that she has no control over her situation. And you have no clue?

I think your wife is an ugly TBM whore. I wouldn't fuck her with Billy Carter's dick. Its not that I don't love her, its just that I don't approve of the ugly TBM whore lifestyle and I find the thought of drilling her disgusting.

Sound familiar?

Timothy

edmarc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DNA,.. I don't know what you mean about social skills.
>

That confirms it.

Date: January 19, 2011 10:33AM

Date: January 19, 2011 10:18AM

Trolls (edmarc) post(s) comments, not to add information to a discussion, but to stir up trouble. We have a lot of trouble with trolls (edmarc) on the Recovery Board. Some are TBMs who feel righteous when they battle apostates (could be, but unlikely). Others are bored or lonely (definitely both of these). Some are mentally ill (well that's possible). Some just think it's fun to mess with other people (I think we have a winner...).

Date: January 19, 2011 10:27AM

I have a question for you Jon,

Is anyone is still has a tendency to preach a "troll" to you? I see people here mocking the temple and you say nothing about them.

I'm not a TBM, but I'm not an apostate either.

Date: January 19, 2011 10:29AM

And remember: as you are now, we once were. As we are now, you may become.

Stick around. Learn.

Date: January 19, 2011 10:32AM

Can anyone help me out in understanding edmarcs question?

Date: January 19, 2011 10:34AM

Date: January 19, 2011 10:37AM

Mocking the temple?

That ain't even the rough stuff!

This boy's gonna be hurtin' fer certain by the end of the day if he thinks mocking the temple is a big deal round these parts.

Timothy

Date: January 19, 2011 10:39AM

edmarc Wrote:
> I have a question for you Jon,
>
> Is anyone is still has a tendency to preach a
> "troll" to you? I see people here mocking the
> temple and you say nothing about them.
>
> I'm not a TBM, but I'm not an apostate either.

That's the social skills thing again.

If you are not looking for trouble, then you don't go to a Harley board, and trash Harleys... Even if you are correct. It just doesn't go over well.

You could say the same thing on an I Love Honda site, no problem.

Social Skills 101

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 10:41AM

That is because the whole Temple thing is a ridiculous joke. What kind of God would care if you know a few fancy handshakes, and have a new temple name, to let you into heaven.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 10:58AM

If you want to preach go where it is an acceptable form of communication. It is not appreciated here nor is is "honest" communication as preaching involves monologues not dialogues.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 10:20AM

The question is not whether the information is true-

As Boyd K. Packer has said:
“You seminary teachers and some of you institute and BYU men will be teaching the history of the Church this school year. This is an unparalleled opportunity in the lives of your students to increase their faith and testimony of the divinity of this work. Your objective should be that they will see the hand of the Lord in every hour and every moment of the Church from its beginning till now.”

“Church history can be so interesting and so inspiring as to be a very powerful tool indeed for building faith. If not properly written or properly taught, it may be a faith destroyer.”

“There is a temptation for the writer or the teacher of Church history to want to tell everything, whether it is worthy or faith promoting or not.”

“Some things that are true are not very useful.”

- Boyd K. Packer, "The Mantle is Far, Far Greater Than the Intellect", 1981, BYU Studies, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 259-271

--------
Russel M. Nelson:

To anyone who, because of truth, may be tempted to become a dissenter against the Lord and his anointed, weigh carefully your action

- Russell M. Nelson, “Truth—and More,” Ensign, Jan. 1986, page 69
Dallin H. Oaks:
Thus, if Mormon Enigma reveals information that is detrimental to the reputation of Joseph Smith, then it is necessary to try to limit its influence and that of its authors."
- Apostle Dallin Oaks, footnote 28, Inside the Mind of Joseph Smith: Psychobiography and the Book of Mormon, Introduction p. xliii
As you can see, the question is NOT whether the information is true, but that the church would have you believe that it is a sin to believe that TRUE information, precisely because it is damaging to the image that the church needs to convey.

The Spirit is striving within you and forcing you to make serious decisions that you'd rather not have to make.

Posted by: Just Browsing ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 10:26AM

FOR EDMARC -- You think you can dip your toe in the water of apostacy to test the temperature. We, or should I say most of us, have been there and we have seen what TBM's can do if you turn.

It is obvious you are an emotionally immature and insensative person, which was shown with your little understanding of the emotional destruction of child abuse. You are safer off in the Church because it is a real big exciting world out here..

JB

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 19, 2011 10:28AM

that he is acting like a poster from a few years back--a few different issues that he is talking about, but his posts are becoming really "familiar."

cl2 Wrote:
> that he is acting like a poster from a few years
> back--a few different issues that he is talking
> about, but his posts are becoming really
> "familiar."

And which poster would that be? I've never been to this board before.

Date: January 19, 2011 10:35AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.