Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: warrior princess ( )
Date: April 23, 2013 04:55PM

I am so irked! My cousins have ganged up on me ...all self righteous tbms. Who are only distant relatives are all up in arms. Because they are scared to death their father may have spent a dime to help me get on my feet after a divorce from violent Peter Priesthood! Good grief! The only thing the man has done for me is pay my utilities one time. Mormons are, without a doubt, the most self righteous, self serving, glaringly lacking compassion group of morons that I have ever met. All of his kids have been helped many times over and luckily had family to fill the needs. Where do I resign?

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 23, 2013 05:06PM

I guess that I am just done. Thanks for letting me vent.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: April 23, 2013 10:51PM

Warrior princess, sorry I didn't see this earlier and respond because this is one of my pet peeves too. So many (not all but many) Mormons completely lack class, manners, compassion or empathy and yet somehow have found it in their messed up reasoning to lord themselves over everyone else. This is one of the worst effects of Mormonism, IMO - the idea that being a Mormon (especially a BIC Utah Mormon) somehow gives you a hereditary nobility and the right to look down on, criticize, everyone who doesn't share your status. It's insane. In the rest of the world, people make their way on merit - on what they accomplish and the "content of their character." You just don't see the descendants of working class suckers giving themselves airs without merit.

I'm honestly much nicer with people who are nicer with me but I hate to confess, with people who behave like that I bring out the arrogant act right back at them. And I'm better at it because I learned it from people who are civilized, accomplished snots. You could try telling them in a calm manner that their behavior is NOT appropriate and they are embarrassing themselves. Don't let them get you flustered, or they will think they have won. Treat them like the ridiculous two year olds they are. Again, I don't stoop to this behavior with nice people but there is nothing OK with the attitude of the people you described and you can very firmly set your boundaries, implying that they are the problem. Because they are.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2013 10:52PM by CA girl.

Posted by: memyself ( )
Date: April 23, 2013 11:27PM

Yes most are..not all but most..myself I was a convert just for shy of 2 yrs..in a nutshell somehow I after closing my business became depressed drank myself broke..and I had more than most ppl will even see in a lifetime...also I am a very attractive single mother by choice..I hate those types and I am not the one they want to pull that crap on..I have no problem telling them how I feel about them..and then ask them why my life has been so blessed without their damn cult..why I have never taken anti depressants, why I don't lower myself believing I need a man for God to love me ...basically it doesn't go so well fro them ..I get very nasty and do it well...and I hate them

Date: April 24, 2013 04:59AM

Thank you for your imput.

I blasted off a facebook email to all their siblings! Pointing out the glaring lack of compassion. Also, pointing out that it seems common among mormons. And that "we mormons" seem to spend hours upon hours serving the dead. But, can't give a dime or a moments time to help the living. And I told them that their father was NOT giving me money. And had only done so that one time.

One of them actually was very kind and wrote to me that he guessed I'd been the victim of a gossip. He said that had happened to him in the family and he also had sent out an email to all. lol So, that was nice of him.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.