Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sisterexmo ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 06:57PM

Just received my copy of Flora Jessops "Church of Lies", and I am reading it with my hair standing on end.

Maybe the "mainstream" LDS does not practive Celestial Marriage anymore, but they sure are supposed to live like other exalted polygymists after dealth...holy SH*T- what a nightmare is that.

The description of life and human relationships in the FLDS would put a colony of cats to shame. It degrades and corrupts everyone in it - man, woman and child.

Don't fear Hell Molly, you will find it in heaven.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 10:48PM

If you can stand it, that is. Escape by Carolyn Jessop, Stolen Innocence by Elissa Wall, Lost Boy by Brent Jeffs, Shattered Dreams by Irene Spencer were all excellent and hair raising at the same time. This lifestyle, this polygamy as it's practiced today is one of the fruits of Mormonism. Whether the mainstream church wants to admit it or not, all these break away groups come from Joseph Smith himself and are the fruits of HIS work and HIS gospel.

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 02:27AM

I have all those books plus a bunch more. It is unbelievable what those women,and their children went through. I always used to hope the mormon church would be held accountable for all the messed up lives in polygamy.

Posted by: adoylelb ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 04:43AM

I agree, since as long as they keep D&C 132 in as scripture, there will be breakaway groups that practice polygamy. Also, there's the loophole that allows a man to be "sealed" to more than one wife if he's civilly divorced from his first wife, even if she's still living.

Posted by: oddcouplet ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 08:01AM

Another good book is Triumph, which is Carolyn Jessop's sequel to Escape. It was published a few months ago.

Posted by: sisterexmo ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 12:01PM

Make great topics for a few Stephen King novelets.

Words fail me in describing how awful the corruption is in these "husbands" and "fathers"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.