Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Stunted ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 07:24PM

Last night I logged on to facebook and one of my "friends", a middle aged TBM mother of 5 had posted this:

"Is it wrong to fall in love with President Uchdorf?"

WTF? Let me repeat that, WTF? Really? She's confessing to the whole world that Uchdorf "melts her butter"? How does that make her husband feel I wonder.

As a result I went through my friend list and dropped about 6 of the more over the top GA groupies. I'm just too embarrassed to be associated with kind of geriatric, cult worshiping.

Stunted.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: amos ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 07:46PM

...but I've noticed a "sexy" culture among DW's TBM girlfriends. They brag about their liberatedness (with their husbands) and show off just enough naughtiness. They're into Twilight and better-sex books, and quasi-LDS sex-books, and they go shopping together and bring home sex-toys all giggly and giddy that God lets them express themselves...

I get the feeling that Mormonism is preoccupied with sex.

Posted by: dr5 ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 08:59PM

amos Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I get the feeling that Mormonism is preoccupied
> with sex.

BINGO!

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 08:20PM

Many Mormon men use their "spirituality" for seduction. Much like regular men try to brag to women about their "sensitive side."

Add to that, the soft voice, the slow, hymnotic cadence, the soporific, repetetive words...and...you are feeling veeeerrry sleepy. Your mind is primed and ready for brainwashing.

Plus, they claim AUTHORITY from God. They will become as gods someday. They have received the "second anointing," and are following in Joseph Smith's footsteps in more ways than one. They are all con-artists.

They think that faltering speech and a bland, ameturish delivery will convince people they are sincere. These guys are pro's.

Yes, these Daddies are definitely seductive. Not in the sexual-physical sense, but in the persuasive-emotional sense. They're trying to seduce people into believing their lies.

I was in the Mormon singles for many years, and I know how Mormon men operate. The most skilled seductor I ever knew was a widower and a former Stake President--a tall, well-heeled lawyer. He could give a great speech, with just the right vocal inflections. He would plagarize other people's writing as his own. I knew that this man had cheated on his wife throughout their marriage. His daughters and other women would stand up in testimony meeting and extol his virtues, and would say that he was the most perfect man they'd ever met. Women would bring him dinners and even clean his house for him. He was having affairs with all of them. His daughter caught him in bed with one of her married friends, which caused a scandal with the husband, but he was never excommunicated. The Court of Love was his "good ol' boys'club.

Yet--he had a very ugly face, shifty eyes, and was pale and flabby and too old for the women he dated. Whenever I ran across him, I would picture him in California, with the non-Mormons, at the university, or among normal businessmen. What would they think of his weird, stylized mannerisms? Would any of those savvy country club wives or working women even give him a second look?

Uchdorf? He'll be available for more wives in the Hereafter, ladies!Some of my TBM acquaintences have a crush on him, too. I think these women are just BORED.

Posted by: 6 iron ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 08:30PM

Many mormon men play the "spirituality" card, but are nothing more than womanizing conmen.

What a joke!

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 04, 2010 08:51PM

I'm surprised at what my LDS friends, men and women, post for pictures or become fans of. Several friends are fans of a home lingerie/sex toy party line. Others are fans of Twilight and Monson at the same time. It's such a contradiction so see the "spiritual" and the "sexy" side by side like that. Like they just have a chance to cut loose on Facebook and are going to take it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.