Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: experienceheals ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 02:19AM

yeah, as I thought before, I'm not quite professional diagnosis worthy or full blown aspergers. I knew I had some familiar traits, just wasn't entirely sure. It would still be interesting to see what a professional diagnosis would say. It's a little tricky on those tests that aren't completely accurate with the open ended black or white answers, because some of them vary at times. I had to think back at times I was more predominant in certain thought/behavior patterns, where other times I wasn't at all. kinda depended on my mood, energy, awareness, interest of certain things and what not. Thanks again for sharing those links. it was pretty educational. I have also observed little bits of different symptoms in others on this board just after talking with them for periods at a time. I've always been pretty quick to pick up on personality and character traits among others. Interesting stuff that makes everyone so unique and different.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 02:30AM

to keep your focus on yourself and off others.

Date: January 20, 2011 02:52AM

I was just making a statement of a talent I'm well aware of that I understand people pretty well. what's wrong with that? I didn't indicate that I was planning on focusing on anyone, judging them or attacking them. Why so edgy and quick to assume my post had negative connotations or intentions? I mean we're here to learn from each other right? Are we not allowed to ask questions about what others are going through so that we can offer some kind of insight? feedback etc? since when does a social networking board require anyone to keep to "themselves" if we're going to help one another? Does that rule apply to everyone or just certain individuals Susan? One set of rules for others apply, where another set of rules don't for others? That doesn't make sense.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2011 03:00AM by experienceheals.

Posted by: Carol Y. ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 02:58AM

Date: January 20, 2011 03:01AM

what is INFJ Carol?

Date: January 20, 2011 02:50PM

I was planning on taking the test this morning but got caught up on other things. I'll post the results as soon as I find out. thanks Carol.

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 02:55PM

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 03:09PM

Date: January 20, 2011 03:21PM

Susan I/S Wrote: You would do well
-------------------------------------------------------
> to keep your focus on yourself and off others.

Date: January 20, 2011 12:30AM

Date: January 20, 2011 03:20PM

Date: January 20, 2011 09:28AM

"I was just making a statement of a talent I'm well aware of that I understand people pretty well."

This coming from the same "talented" individual who, through brief interaction on this board, determined I'm gay.

That's a mighty special talent ya got there, experienceheals.

Timothy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2011 11:05AM by Timothy.

Date: January 20, 2011 02:48PM

you lied and said to everyone you were Gay. I didn't assume you were. You have no one but to blame yourself on that one. So stop blaming others for your mistakes. Get over it and move on.

Date: January 20, 2011 02:49PM

Where's the evidence?

Timothy

Date: January 20, 2011 02:55PM

go back and look at all of your posts, I pretty much saw you tell others that you were. Either that or it was Sonoma who said it and I got the two of you confused because you two tend to work together as a team. If I mistook the both of you who seem like the same person sometimes, SOMETIMES. then I'm sorry for getting that mixed up. SORRY! Just stop playing the blame game with me and start owning up to the things you have said to me in the past as well and we'll call it a day. It's just plain childish to keep coming back and interrogating someone for something they're entitled to speak about. I'm done with you, unless you'd like to have open adult conversations without any back biting and condescending words. Thanks.

Date: January 20, 2011 02:57PM

... and show where I said I'm gay.

You constantly make accusations you can't back. Pretty sad for a kid of your supposed talents.

And by the way, I don't and haven't denied anything I've said about you.

Timothy

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2011 03:01PM by Timothy.

Date: January 20, 2011 03:00PM

Did you read my whole reply back. I said and admitted and apologized that I got you and Sonoma mixed up. I'm not going to waste my time searching for something I already know was a mix up between you and Sonoma. that would be a waste of everyone's time just to prove to myself it was a mix up after all. I apologize. Sorry, sorry sorry sorry sorry until my ears bleed. I'm sorry.

Date: January 20, 2011 03:00PM

You gotta be kidding me, man!

You didn't know it was a mix-up before you made the accusation, but now you're sure?

That's about the most bulls**t response I've ever read!

Timothy

Date: January 20, 2011 03:09PM

you just want attention and everyone to kiss your feet. Not gonna happen here. be on your way now to the play ground. I only say that, because you tend to use the term, "Thanks for playing" once in a while. Nothing but a Troll.

Date: January 20, 2011 03:12PM

... I'm not the one making it up as I go.

Timothy

Date: January 20, 2011 03:21PM

Date: January 20, 2011 03:25PM

Date: January 20, 2011 03:22PM

Date: January 20, 2011 03:09AM

Anyway's I'm going to head off to bed soon. hopefully this thread will still be available in the morning, as I see where I said or did nothing wrong. It would be nice to continue to hear some feedback with interesting views from those who have some knowledge and experience in this area. Thanks.

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 05:17AM

I have Asperger's social traits, but I am high functioning and athletically talented.

It's often a tough situation, and has resulted in a feedback loop leading to asocial tendencies on my part.

I don't think Asperger's has been nailed down tight as a diagnosis, and I think that there can be a whole menu of mix and match behaviors that still come under the umbrella of autism.

Date: January 20, 2011 02:57PM

Hello: I agree.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 09:13AM

I don't mind talking about it. I've already mentioned it several times on the board and I don't see it as having any kind of stigma attached to it.

I think as you get older, you just learn how to cope with it. For instance, I had to teach myself to look people in the eye when I talk to them. As I talk to someone, my gaze can start to wander all over the room and I'll think to myself, "Hello? You're talking to this person. Not the wall," and I'll bring my gaze back to them. LOL

When I answer the questions as an adult, my score is probably lower than if you'd asked me when I was a child.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 11:07AM

You sound so much like me it makes me shiver. :D

Date: January 20, 2011 03:02PM

sometimes I have found it difficult to concentrate and keep focus on what I'm trying to say to others when I look them in the eye or face the whole time or most the time. I lose track and concentration. That's usually only when i have a lot to say that's on my mind. When it's just chit chat, it's casual eye contact and facial expressions etc. I already know I'm not full blown, but I do have some characteristics and traits both a blessing and a bit of a struggle at times.

Date: January 20, 2011 03:08PM

That way, you won't have to rely on bulls**t to get out of the messes you create.

This is the Gospel according to Timothy ... Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

I'm Timothy and I approved this message.

Date: January 20, 2011 03:24PM

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 11:04AM

It's a huge forum run by an individual with Asperger's where you can talk, ask advice, get resources and more. You don't have to be diagnosed or even have Asperger's to particpate. (Just like you folks here so kindly let us neverMos play.) :D

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 11:59AM

Not a note to any one specific person, but a general comment.

The difference between what I call, "a tendency towards" the behaviors of a certain diagnosis, and actually meeting the qualifiers of the diagnosis is very foggy to most nonprofessionals. And it is a lot more specific (the gap between the two is a lot wider) to professionals.

So when a regular person reads about a diagnosis, they can look like they meet the qualifiers of about any diagnosis. They read something and say, "Wow, that looks like me" a lot. A professional may see the same thing and thing you have some of those tendencies, but you don't meet the thresholds of the diagnosis.

Also beware of a nonprofessional on the board who often makes the claim that the DSM is, "Just a book for insurance billing".

Date: January 20, 2011 03:05PM

yeah, I'm sure lots of factors need to play a role before there's any definite varied diagnosis.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.