Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Secular Priest ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 11:53AM

Bless her heart.

She paid a full tithing on her income for the past year. Now has a signed temple recommend. Since it was her money I knew nothing about this.

I am a little angry (a whole lot!!) inside. What does she get for her money?

I have tried to explain the money for the mall, the decrease in Church employees, perks for GA's. Guess I failed.

I donated money to other charitable organizations over the year. I know I am getting something for my money. Maybe not heavenly blessings but at least I feel good about the organizations because I can see what they are doing.

Any one else feel the same way I do?

I am trying to get her to accept other Christian religions as great groups of people too. Not having much success.

When I had a temple recommend I too felt superior in some ways. Going to the House of the Lord. Not many people can get in and get that knowledge. I have repented of that feeling.But it bugs me she has to buy a recommend!!!

She could have gotten a recommend by saying her husband forbade her to pay tithing.

One other thing. I guess you don't need to go to many of your Church meetings like Relief Society and Sunday School. Nor particapate in Church activies to get a recommend. Nor accept a Church calling. She told Bishop she does not do these things because of me. Bless her heart I have always encouraged her to go to 3 hours on Sunday so I can watch NASCAR alone or weekly meetings so I can watch TV in quiet with the dogs.

I guess you don't need to study the scriptures much or read the Ensign, either.

It's all about money I guess to get a temple recommend.

The GOOD news. My TBM daugher is getting married next year and says "Dad I can't wait to have you walk with me in my white wedding dress."

In her first marriage I sat in the lobby of the Edmonton Temple while she got married.I can not express the pain I felt but she will never know.

I am so excited now, No temple recommend, a wedding in another Christian Church.Can't wait. Oh yes I will buy a new suit just for that occasion. (No, not white!)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 11:55AM

Yep, it's all about the money and it's her money. Relax and call it a day.

ron

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 12:00PM

Yes, she earned it, but the money is half his. They are married, after all.

Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 12:05PM

Misfit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, she earned it, but the money is half his.
> They are married, after all.

Yep, exactly. She does what she wants with her half (pays tithing), he does what he wants (doesn't pay tithing). Works out all around.

Ron

Posted by: loveskids ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 12:03PM

Your post really touched me. I had never thought of it the way you so clearly stated it "my wife BOUGHT" her T.R. My gosh. No truer word were ever said. And all she has to do is pay tithing. Hmmmmm. I guess it IS the money!!

As far as your daughter. Woopeeeeee!!! I am so excited for you. You are going to be able to do what every dad has a right and privledge to do. Something so simple,yet unatttainable to anyone in the lds church except the elite. I am sorry for your pain at her first wedding. NO parent should EVER!!! have to go through that. A parent unable to see their beloved child married? How sick is that? I have one more tbm daughter to marry. She is 21 so I would imagine it won't be long. I will NOT be at the temple waiting for her to come out the doors like all the other poor souls that aren't good enough. I have 5 exmo children who also will not be able to see their sister marry. Maybe she,and the other 3 tbm kids will think about this as they sit in the room,with half their family missing. How will she feel when her mom can't even be with her to help her on her wedding day??? Sad Sad Sad.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 12:08PM

when you are not on the same page. It's hard to support decisions by your spouse that are not joint, or at least shared. Being sneaky erodes trust. What a shame.

Why she doesn't "do these things" because of you but wants a temple recommend is baffling. Yup. The tithing is the key!

There is no place that this happens inside the temple or during the ceremony -- so this will be special.
"Dad I can't wait to have you walk with me in my white wedding dress."

Get a suit you really love! :-) Even if you don't wear it again, you'll have the pictures!

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 12:29PM

Look at the bright side- she believes that the Lord smiles upon her and her whole family as a result.

Or the cynical side- In the words of Roger Waters describing those who are making money off the success of the band- "we're so happy we can hardly count".

Isn't it sad though that she can get away with not doing all that stuff to build the kingdom, but as long as she has cash in hand, she is worthy of all the blessings?

I wonder if Martin Luther still has that hammer...

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 12:39PM

The real issue is that his wife will not listen to reason as expressed by her husband. But she will listen to the con as expressed by the morg.

She is discounting her husband.
You'd think she would have more loyalty to him than to the morg which exploits her.

Not to mention that she is now supposed to wear the fugly garments.

Posted by: unforgivable ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 12:48PM

you know what gets me about temple marriages, 1st a man and a woman get sealed for time and all eternity, 2nd something happens and they civilly divorce, 3rd the man decides he wants to remarry - so he does in the temple to a woman for time and all eternity. 4th the woman wants to remarry and be sealed for time and all eternity but cannot because she has already be sealed for time and all eternity, not unless she gets a temple divorce which i might add is rediciolous. takes a ton of time and she has to have permission from her 1st husband. lol

Posted by: ina ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 01:01PM

I did not know that you don't even have to go to meetings or accept callings to get a temple recommend. All they want is money. I'm so glad I only went to the temple once for dead dunking.

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 02:35PM

I understand that "Active" member of the church means attending at least one sacrament meeting and one auxiliary meeting(PH or RS) per month.

Posted by: saviorself ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 01:18PM

Mormon Church: the scam that keeps on stealing people's money.

A Temple Recommend + $5 will buy you a latte at Starbucks.
$5 will buy you a latte at Starbucks.

Conclusion: the Temple Recommend is worthless.

Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 02:25PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.