Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: 665 N' 1/2 ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 12:12PM

(One reviewer wrote)

It is not often that I give a documentary the highest rating. However, Frontline covers this topic very succinctly, by examining one mans decision to end his life. Mr. Ewert was a college professor, a well traveled man, husband and father of two. He was diagnosed with ALS and the disease was progressing at an accelerated rate.Facing the inevitable outcome of advanced stages of ALS, Mr. Ewert decides to go to Switzerland with help from an assisted suicide organization. Frontline tackles this documentary with no unneccessary commentary and leaves the debate open. It strictly follows this one mans journey to end his life. In its simplicity of telling, Frontline leaves the viewer with many emotions; sadness, appreciation of the bravery of Mr.Ewert for allowing the filming of him, and a bit of understanding of why he chose this route. Whether you do or do not agree of assisted suicide, you see a human face to this topic. Something that is sometimes lost on many contentious issues.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Quality of life is what matters-people need to start realizing it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 12:19PM

My wife and I watched it. It was very compelling.

I hope that our culture will come to see that as a kind gesture.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.