Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: perky ( )
Date: May 06, 2013 03:10PM

About 2 months ago the stake announced stake conference. To prepare for the big event the stake pres asked everyone (announced and sent a letter) to have FHE at 7PM the Monday before and wanted everyone discuss the same topic. The Sunday before the big FHE event my wife received an email from the rel soc in our ward saying they would be going out randomly checking to see if you are having FHE.

Is it just me or is the Nazi Party now ramping things up to new levels?

And they wonder why people call it a cult.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mr. Neutron ( )
Date: May 06, 2013 03:13PM

Be sure and update this thread once stake conference is held. I'm dying to find out what the big deal was to make everyone talk about the same thing. Sounds like another big idea that will ultimately mean nothing.

Date: May 06, 2013 03:50PM

Stake conf was a couple of weeks ago, and we went to Walmart instead of stake conf. I did not get to see the parade of brown nosers show up and tell each other what a great idea it was to have a gang bang FHE and how spiritual ( barf barf barf) it was.

My spouse is slowly getting out of the cult (Walmart instead of Stake Conf - yippee) and I am actually glad that this type of stupid cult stuff happens. It just validates the doubts.

Keep it up crazy ward members!!!!

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: May 06, 2013 03:23PM

OK, that really is approaching an iron curtain level of freaky - neighbors checking up on each other. Just sending a reminder e-mail is one thing but to check and see if the FHE's are actually being held is bat crap crazy. I think if they showed up at my door, the answer would be "No, I'm not having FHE because you are being creepy and I don't want to get sucked into portraying Mormonism as some creepy cult."

This is why no one ever shows up at my door. Enough smart-aleck answers to ward Mormons and word gets around.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: May 06, 2013 03:31PM

What was the prescribed topic?

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: May 06, 2013 03:31PM

Pretty damn creepy. How is it that it doesn't occur to them how inappropriate this is?

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: May 07, 2013 10:38AM

So, I asked TBM DW to comment on the academic situation like this, where a stake president would announce that he and his boys would be making random stops at houses and check up on people. She insisted that it was okay, that it may well be within his job description to do this. I'm married to a sheeple. I guess I knew that.

Posted by: quebec ( )
Date: May 06, 2013 03:34PM

So they've let go of the "I teach them correct principle and they govern themselves".

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: May 06, 2013 03:40PM

perky Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> saying they would be
> going out randomly checking to see if you are
> having FHE.

It's this sort of massive over-stepping of (or trampling upon) basic common decency that makes my head spin. How and why do people put up with this? Incredible.

Posted by: AngelCowgirl ( )
Date: May 06, 2013 03:48PM

This is tripping my B.S. Radar...

Date: May 06, 2013 04:00PM

If you think that sounds crazy how about a rel soc pres that went to the Glen Beck event in DC (i think) a few years ago and then came back home and had a special rel soc on how "something big is coming." We are talking crazy Fing people in our ward.

I know it sounds like Ripleys believe it or not.

If I get the time I'll post the letter from the stake and the email from the ward - rel soc.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.