Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pil-Latté ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 05:18PM

I just posted why I left the church on my blog (won't link to it, will post it here later.)

The church still has some sort of affect on me. I am so afraid of the repercussions this will bring.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 05:24PM

I don't think you would have taken this step if you weren't ready to handle it. Just take it a day at a time and don't worry any more than you must.

I think we were all programmed to be scared of leaving the mormon church and that these unfounded fears are a control system build into our minds. Shaking off that fear releases us to live a happier healthier life.

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 05:25PM

Your afraid rightfully so.

The social penalty in most of your relationships with mormons will be negatively affected. They are overtly taught to shun you and make your life worse.

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 05:26PM

I used to be afraid of the fallout from just being honest. You have just been honest. No need to be afraid. If you get flack then just reply with, "I stand by my conclusions, anything else would be lying to my self". Oh and "This is my testimony".

Takes a while to get over this kind of fear. Give it time.

Posted by: Queen of Denial ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 05:33PM

Just remember why you decided to post it on your blog and continue to follow through with determination.

Posted by: Suckafoo ( )
Date: January 20, 2011 05:59PM

It might help someone out there. For that, its worth it. Keep focused on that fact. Had it not been for people willing to come out as ex Mormons, I would still be in.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.