Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 01:51AM

I have been wanting to resign for quite some time, but my wife hasn't been on board quite just yet. However, Boyd's speech on homosexuality being nothing more than an abominal addiction after all the gay suicides made my wife crazy angry. I think she's about ready to agree for us to resign together, family be damned.
I am now starting to think that having Boyd be the next profit would be a great thing for Mormons that aren't quite sure about their religion to really question things and possibly leave.
Thanks Packer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Peter ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 02:51AM

Ayup. Him as president would be a disaster for the LDS church. No PR firm could clean up that filthy train wreck.

I agree with your post, too. I am glad he said what all the Mormon leaders are REALLY thinking. DW is starting to seriously question her faith in Mormonism. She was deeply offended at his talk. And this is just when Jensen gave her hope that maybe the LDS church will be open to change its position on its treatment of gays. Then, Packer had to open his big mouth.

Posted by: happycat ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 04:05AM

Where does he stand on the linage? Who's after Monson?

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 05:38AM

He's 90 and in poor health already.

;o)

Posted by: charles, buddhist punk ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 12:39PM

shannon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He's 90 and in poor health already.
>
> ;o)

He's never going to be prophet. It's probably why he's all about hate. All those years of blind servitude to the cult and all he'll get is a granite headstone for his trouble.

Posted by: en passant ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 01:01PM

Packer is 86 and as President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, he will succeed Monson as President of the Church.

Next in line after Packer are (in order) Perry, Nelson, Oaks, Ballard, Scott, Hales, and Holland.

At age 78, it is likely that Oaks will survive Packer, Perry, and Nelson, who are all in their late 80s. Therefore Oaks is likely to be the next longer-serving president.

Of all of them, however, it is Holland at age 70, who probably will be the longest serving president.

Of course, they could all die of pure meanness.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 12:47PM

Not that he intended it that way. It's like the mishies who leave after being abused or those who leave because of reading FARM/FAIR tripe.

But what I don't understand is why mormon women can't see that mormonism treats women and girls badly and leave for that reason. Is it easier to see the abuse toward gays than to see it how it hurts women?

Posted by: Guy Noir, Private Eye ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 12:58PM

all of the above.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.