Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: fallenangelblue ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 12:03PM

won't be available until Thursday, so I can't access them yet. I wonder how much information they will omit, especially from BKP's talk. Anyone who actually attended should keep track of something like that. I'm sure they will take out the particularly offensive parts, especially when it's getting national attention.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: charles, buddhist punk ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 12:20PM

I wonder how Mormon cult writers and publishers sleep at night knowing they have edited parts of GC talks to the tune of publicity and PR? I don't get how they can collude and connive and then call themselves 'righteous' or 'worthy' at the end of the day.

Posted by: Guy Noir, Private Eye ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 01:53PM

a while back.... it was documented that one of the GA talks was re-recorded in an empty room, croud noise added, because 'someone' didn't like what he said. I don't have the name/date, but I saw it in Wiki.... Before 'correlation', I'm sure.

I don't think MORG likes ppl to record talks, either in church or in conferences, or ANYWHERE.

Posted by: BestBBQ ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 04:38PM

Guy, that happened just a few years ago, if memory serves (which it may not). I *think* the offending bit was about having a personal relationship with Christ, but I could be waaaay off base.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: October 06, 2010 12:17AM

Posted by: dr5 ( )
Date: October 06, 2010 11:55AM

Whoa. Check this out. Totally twisted his words and changed their meaning in the revised version. Not invited to speak at GC again for 4 1/2 years.

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 04:14PM

According to my info, GC talks have to be submitted months before delivery because they have to go through correlation and translation and all that.

They're not waiting till Thursday because they need to edit the talks. That would mean they'd have to edit the dozens of translations as well and coordinate the effort in only 4 days. And that's after "they" agree on what needs to be edited.

It's more likely that they need the extra time to test the IT infrastructure behind putting all that drivel online.

There will be no editing. It's not like Packer said anything new.

"You find as you look around the world that every single bit of progress in humane feeling, every improvement in the criminal law, every step toward the diminution of war, every step toward better treatment of the colored races, or every mitigation of slavery, every moral progress that there has been in the world, has been consistently opposed by the organized churches of the world" (Bertrand Russell, Why I am not a Christian).

Posted by: fallenangelblue ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 05:48PM

You don't think they make even little bitty changes? I'm still skeptical. I mean, they have to know that it's not ONLY Mormons who read that stuff.

Posted by: helemon ( )
Date: October 06, 2010 12:34AM

I suppose the church could claim copyright infringement and have it taken down though.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 06, 2010 01:04PM

nothing gets past them anymore. It's 100% party line, approved, or it is changed before GC.
They used to make tapes. Probably can get CD's now.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.