Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anon123 ( )
Date: January 22, 2011 10:39PM

Because the church won't leave people alone.

Fighting against equal rights for women, Prop 8. Must I go on?

Just putting that out there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: January 22, 2011 10:40PM

+1

Posted by: yours_truly ( )
Date: January 22, 2011 10:46PM

The same way we want to make a carpet or a picture straight, even when only a visitor.

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: January 22, 2011 10:53PM

Chasing after people who don't want any part of it....

Fooking over women....

Fooking over gays, lesbians and everybody else....

Right-minded people who know a con when they see one....

Posted by: piscespirate ( )
Date: January 22, 2011 11:02PM

Posted by: yours_truly ( )
Date: January 22, 2011 11:21PM

Yeah sure - leave the group's covert grandiose ideas of reference alone, or suffer the eternal illusion of being of the devil...

Posted by: derrida ( )
Date: January 22, 2011 11:26PM

The church will not leave people alone. One big thing it does is just ream folks over and over with regard to their families, spouses, kids, parents. It is a hideous system of mind control and punishment for any member who has the temerity to TRY to leave it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2011 11:28PM by derrida.

Posted by: NerdLinger ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 03:09AM

For most of us, our entire lives were consumed/dictated by the Morg. It left no part untouched. And that leaves a lot of residual effects, kind of the was LSD works into a user's joints and gets released years later. Couple that with having a suppot system that is mostly, if not all, part of the Morg.

Then leave. TSCC keeps fucking with us, even after we've been out for years. We can't let go of it until it lets go of us. I doubt if that will ever happen in my lifetime. I will always be pushing to keep it out of my life. I'll be fighting it to the grave.

Posted by: glad2bout ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 03:18AM

I won't leave the church alone in light of the fact that two of my friends here in South Korea were taking the lessons from the American missionaries. There is now way I could stand idly by so that they would become engulfed in deception and misery. They didn't join the sect, and I was profusely thanked for showing them the fallacies and the fraudulence of the TSCC.

Posted by: ina ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 03:33AM

Posted by: mr levite ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 04:15AM

for Nerdlinger, your absolutely right mate, it affects ya
to the grave, this mind controlling mormonism even out of it.

The united nations signned over on michael Jacksons funeral
day, who were rather in Rome making treaty one world order
with the pope, many sunday relegions kissing the popes ring
including Buddhist leader Dali Lama..

Lds has not kissed the popes ring yet. When they do,
believe me friend, they have conformed to the antichrist beast
prophecy of the bible, and we dont have to kick ourselfs to the grave anymore because it will be absolute proof thatl
the church is masonary mind controlling relegion.

The masons are behind almost every sunday relegions.
Now I hear that they are behind some muslmes and buddhist also
at the highest level while the dumb sincere ones below
are also conned by new age other occult relegions beside
mormons and catholics..

I dont justify athiesm either..... Maybe there is a totally
new view to evolution rather than comming from monkies

thanks for sharing your heartache.
I take my meds now and calm my agro, he he.

Levite.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 11:38AM

but this one takes the cake. Your first paragraph literally makes zero sense at all.

As to the rest, I really hope for your sake that you figure out that there is no anti-christ and there will be no second coming. Some people find those concepts reassuring but you seem to find it agitating.

So relax. There's no antichrist, no beast, no world domination coming -- you're safe.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 04:55AM

Many of us have children stuck in the cult. It is impossible to be silent and do nothing, when we see the cult robbing our loved ones of their money, and using them for slave labor--for the duration of their lives.

My 80-year-old uncle is not in very good health. He was a CPA, until he retired. He and his wife went on a senior mission, and she got sick, but stayed on the mission, and she died a few weeks after they got home. He did accounting on his mission, and now he is the stake financial clerk again. He told me, "I wish I could retire from the church." He did not give in to the Mormons who pestered him to leave money to the cult in his will--at least he has that.

A niece is getting married in the temple, and I won't be able to go. A nephew is giving up a sports scholarship to go on a mission. The Mormon cult still reigns supreme in our extended family.

Posted by: JoD3:360 ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 05:29AM

Except on this board, I don't generally discuss the church.

But if anyone asks about it I am careful to make sure that I present facts and viewpoints without going on the offensive. Likewise, when people criticize the church I do not defend it except to try to point out a fallacy to their argument.

However, I do admit that when I see the missionaries talking to people on the street I just wish I had guts enough to challenge them and wreck the sales pitch. Or to give the mark something to read when away from the mishies.

Posted by: openeyes ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 06:00PM

TSCC is woven into many parts of the fabric of society and that’s why it can’t be left alone. I won’t take my freedoms for granted anymore. I bet TSCC would like exmorgs to have apathy and leave it alone, but that would be to societies detriment to do so. I encourage all people to stay involved.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 07:00AM

That there's a full blown tracking and stalking system for harassing those who leave.

And that the mormon church systematically demeans and undermines anyone who a mormon with plans and programs to fix nonmormons and turn them into being mormon if not in this life then the next.

Posted by: Archie deBunker ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 11:33AM

Posted by: Nina ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 11:43AM

Can I say "Amen" to this?

Posted by: mav ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 12:25PM

Posted by: Dances with Cureloms ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 11:53AM

- 50,000+ full time missionaries
- Every member a missionary
- Necromancy/Necrodunking/Dishonoring the dead with temple ordinances
- "I Am a Mormon" and other high priced ad campains
- Infiltration of church messages on PBS programming (KBYU)
- Large, Gaudy, Eyesores of temples
- Political Lobbying (pres Bush coming to Salt Lake, 1st Presidency meeting with Obama, UT Legislature, etc)
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 11:59AM

certainly not the biggest one. I think it has more to do with the realization of having been lied to, had money and time stolen, and our lives and choices very severely limited.

That just naturally pisses people off.

Posted by: derrida ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 12:59PM

I think part of what is intolerable about the church is, yes, it won't leave people alone (coupled with the maddening hypocrisy evident when Mormons wonder out loud why Exmormons won't leave the church alone), yet all we can do is jump up and down, cry truth on the Internet, and watch helplessly as the Thing just grows and spreads and keeps piling on lies or smudging them up and infiltrating its way into the norms of state, academy, family, and individuals.

It's a cancer, spreading. We are part of the immune system. The growth of the cancer has slowed since the 1990s, but it still worms its way throughout the social body, attempting to graft itself everywhere, mimicking the mainstream (in an unintentional parody of mainstream American values--every male an Eagle scout, every woman a Joan Cleaver).

Our only weapons seem to be critical thinking, individualism and ideas of liberty (something the church tries to coopt, again hypocritically--you are free to follow the prophet or lose control of your life), and general awareness of cult tactics and mind control.

Posted by: rt ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 12:35PM

Saying that exmo's should leave the church alone is essentially the same as saying one shouldn't criticize the church. It's a cult, it's adherents can't handle criticism. Hence, when exmo's criticize them, their knee-jerk reaction is that of a 4-year old: leave me alooooone (in a whiny voice).

Posted by: Duck Girl ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 12:54PM

"People can leave the church, but they can't leave it alone" is often used to cow critics into silence.

The problem is that such a statement isn't an argument, but a poor substitute for one.

It is designed to attack your motives so the zealot won't have to defend the faith.

A possible response "That's not an argument. You just don't want to discuss that your church was founded by a convicted con-man."

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 01:48PM

That is a most excellent comment!!

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 01:47PM

I am pretty sure for me the reason I cannot leave it alone is because I am the only one OUT in my immediate family. It is soooo
frustrating watching them continue to pay, pray and obey. But I can say nothing to them, must be respectful, so I come here to vent.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.