Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dances with Cureloms ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 11:45AM

So I've been reading the last CHI and stumbled upon this ordinance. I was wondering: is there some formal wording/magical incantations that must be spoken (e.g. sacrament, endowment) when this ordinance is performed? Is it done by the laying on of hands? Does it require more than one priesthood holder to perform? Do you get a nifty certificate for your scrapbook?

I imagine the wording would go along these lines:

Dear Brother/Sister X. By the power of the Holy Melchezidek Priesthood, we declare that we were right, and you were wrong. All your tithing are now belong to us. In the name of Jesus Smith, amen.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: londonuk ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 11:53AM

I believe it is by the laying on of hands. Apostles used to be the only ones that were allowed to perform the ordinance, now it is one of the Seventy or even deligated to a Stake President. I haven't had the ordinance, and don't intend to - and have no idea about words just that they also interview you to make sure your "worthy" and they get given your disciplinary file and request for the ordinance to take place, so they can review it before the event.

Posted by: wilson ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 12:35PM

I have had this done, I had previously left the Cult because of the way I was treated by the church after a lay off from church employment and after several years was re-baptized (Biggest Mistake of my life!) anyway to get the restoration the first step was an interview with the bishop and he had me write a letter to the first presidency and he forwarded it to the stake president who interviewed me and had me re-write the letter because he didn't like what i said, a few weeks later i received a phone call from Richard Hinkley's office he had me come to his office at the COB, after a brief interview he did the restoration in the ordination he first restored the the Aaronic then the Melchizedek Priesthood and the office of High Priest since that is what i was before i left. 2 weeks after this happened thanks to the Google god i stumbled on this site and that started my journey out for good I resigned this time because of the doctrine since I know its all crap!!!

Oh and there was no certificate, just a paper to give to my bishop that i was eligible to start wearing the magic underwear again and return to the temple...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2011 01:23PM by wilson.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.