Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thinker ( )
Date: June 04, 2013 08:54PM

Recently, we decided to visit some people from the area where we used to live. We went by to visit a family who never had been interested in the gospel back when we would home teach them, but who was always warm and inviting when we would go by. We had actually become good friends before we moved away.

The woman said to me, "Thinker, would you like a wine cooler? I bet you indulge once in a awhile." Which was the perfect segue into my explanation of our leaving the church and why.

As I sat down to enjoy my wine cooler, they were very interested in our story. They had no intention of ever joining the Mormon church (the husband had been baptized long ago but had NO interest in the church). They were happy that we had left the church.

It was an incredible visit! I am so grateful for those opportunities, which don't happen all that often, but when they DO, I pounce on them!

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 04, 2013 08:56PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2013 09:22PM by thinker.

Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: June 04, 2013 08:58PM

I was in a bar once with my home teaching companion. We were doing shots when a guy came up to us and asked: "Hey aren't you guys my old home teachers?" We were indeed.

Date: June 04, 2013 09:23PM

Wow, that would be awesome....and the guy who came up to you must have left, too - or else why would he be in the bar? Love it!

Posted by: bingoe4 ( )
Date: June 04, 2013 11:02PM

He was already gone when we found and visited him. We were both on our way out.

Posted by: marcion ( )
Date: June 04, 2013 09:29PM

Went to a place for dinner and drinks. Out waitress was a girl I used to home teach and DW visit taught.
She figured out the church was bogus, left her domineering TBM husband and got the crap out of the church.

We had a good laugh about TSCC.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: June 04, 2013 09:39PM

A few weeks ago I went into a bar to watch a game on TV and have a drink. The cute young bartender started to talk to me because she recognized me as a previous primary teacher of hers. I remembered her once she started talking. She was a grown-up girl now.

Funny moment.

Posted by: stbleaving ( )
Date: June 04, 2013 09:43PM

jpt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A few weeks ago I went into a bar to watch a game
> on TV and have a drink. The cute young bartender
> started to talk to me because she recognized me as
> a previous primary teacher of hers. I remembered
> her once she started talking. She was a grown-up
> girl now.
>
> Funny moment.

The only part of the church that I miss is my old Primary class. I really, really hope someday to see one of my kids with a cool one while having a good time with their buddies (not anytime soon; the kids are only 11-12 now).

Date: June 04, 2013 10:58PM

At the rate things are going, this is very possible!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.