Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mrtranquility ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 01:54PM

My TBM wife is out of town, so in a rare moment I was batching it for about 36 hrs. and had a wonderful stream-of-consciousness weekend doing whatever I felt like doing after I finished the last thing I felt like doing. So I decided to go visit my exmo mother who lives with my exmo sister.

My BIL got the deep fat fryer going and made three kinds of chicken wings, egg rolls, and other yummy things. One of my other exmo sisters was there and also an exmo niece and over the delicious food we had a wonderful open-ended discussion about the deeper meanings of life. This would have been nearly impossible to have with TBMs present since they are obligated to defend their dogma (some of them to the death if necessary).

Some where in the middle of eating I reminded my sister that we forget to bless the food, so she asked me to do so. I started out "Dear Magic Sky-Daddy" and we all started laughing so hard we could hardly stop. It felt wonderfully, deliciously naughty.

So we gnoshed, drank, and conversed around the wood fire in the cast iron stove on a cold January night and had a wonderful time just being in the moment. It doesn't get any better than that.

Later that evening one of my sisters called to thank me for the birthday present that just came in the mail: a "Men on a Mission" calendar showing hunky RMs bare to the waist. Earlier that evening she had just mentioned that while on her mission she was secretly voted by the male missionaries as the "prettiest sister missionary" which was perplexing to her - it was one of the those "what do I do with that?" moments that weirded her out. So a present that objectifies the other gender turned out to be perfect timing. She said she'll never look at a Mo missionary the same way again (winky, winky).

On the way home I stopped at a bar to listen to my buddy play piano in a jazz sextet. All in all a splendid weekend.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 02:00PM

Posted by: utahmonomore ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 03:32PM

ditto on returning to the real world. It's good to have you back (at least for a little while).

Posted by: another guy ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 02:04PM

Sounds like you achieved "tranquility"...

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 02:07PM

How great is that? Wow, I envy you!!! To at least have SOME family to be real and just have FUN with, OMG, I cannot even imagine!!!

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 23, 2011 06:22PM

Glad it worked out so well for you. We all need a break to do just what we want to do!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.