Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Fascinated in the Midwest ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 03:43PM

Trojan Condom's 2010 Sexual Health report card ranked 141 colleges and universities. The three month review revealed the worst of the worst for availability of sexual health information, student peer groups, on campus STD testing and hours of operation for health clinics...

drumroll, please...

the worst of the worst regarding sexual awareness is: BYU

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sonoflds ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 03:47PM

How pathetic and sad

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 04:01PM

When I went to BYU, during orientation they informed us of the health services on campus. I never sought treatment from those services because I was worried they would release my records to the Honor Code. I was breaking all the rules there and knew it would be bad idea to seek any kind of gyno treatment at the health services.

I wonder how many students sneak to Planned Parenthood and the various clinics around town.

Posted by: Crathes ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 06:32PM

You raise an interesting question. Does BYU make students federal laws of confidentiality regarding health care? I know they do regarding grades, and obviously, there is no separation of church and school, since it's the same thing.

Posted by: lily ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 06:37PM

The hipaa laws would make that illegal- and we all know how the Mo's will get their toes up to the line but not cross it- lest they lose any $ or good press along the way.

I'm not saying that it never happens- but it would be a huge legal breach. I currently work at a residential home for underprivileged youth- and their pediatricians can't even tell us if the kids are pregnant or have STDs, per HIPAA. We are their guardians, and that info is protected from us.

Posted by: They don't want me back ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 08:52PM

have kids and don't even think about birth control, the Church needs it's next generation of worker bees and tithe payers.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 09:11PM

can you imagine if your were a student and wanted to use the gyno at BYU, and you wanted birth control. I would tell them I'm married. It is none of their damn business if your married or single at the gyno anyway. I wonder if the byu gyno's ask that question?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.