Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jan ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 12:06PM

So I had this thought in my Percoset-induced reality: given that TSCC is a corporation and given that my "membership" began at age eight, far below the legal age of consent, was my membership in this corporation ever even valid?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 12:14PM

It's all imaginary. It's imaginary (supernatural, metaphysical claims-could be considered fraud?), golden plates, imaginary people, places and things in the BOM, and on and on.

I like to think of it as just another God Myth with it's rules, regulations to please a deity and savior with imaginary rewards and punishments in an imaginary after life.

Not valid. Only in your imagination!
Works for me!

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 12:18PM

The rest of us are just names in a database owned by Intellectual Reserve, a subsidiary corp.

The government has decided not to enforce any legalities within churches, so it isn't even useful to know the definitions of words like member.

It is all in our heads - and their database.

Posted by: Dances with Cureloms ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 12:23PM

Oh well... out of the mouth of two witnessess I guess...

Posted by: Dances with Cureloms ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 12:21PM

Your baptismal record is the property of Intellectual Reserve, the copyright holder/litigious arm of the morg.

There is only one member of the corporation: Tommy Monson, Single Share holder.

This is why they always tell you to deal with your Stake President or Bishop. Your affairs are truly local ones except for the receipt of your tithing.

Like mormon doctrine, membership records and church history, your membership in this organization is just as ambiguous. Even the result of resigning your membership is ambiguous within the church. (What is NOT ambiguous are your legal rights.) They will tell you that you lost your blessings while they tell your TBM parents that you are still sealed to them. Also, they really don't remove your name from their records. They just change your membership status.

Sorry but it is impossible to clear up the muddied waters of Mormon(ism).

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 10:07PM

Your parent or guardian signed the baptismal form, and parent or guardian CAN sign contracts on your behalf.

Once you reach 18 you have the right to sever your membership in LDS Inc without your parent/guardian's permission. Until you do that, in the eyes of LDS Inc, and in the eyes of the law, your membership relationship is valid. Doesn't matter that you were a minor when it was established.

How many of you got a Social Security card as a minor? [lots of hands]

How many had to go in to re-establish the account after turning 18, because the one established when you were a minor was not legal? [no hands]

See what I mean? Actions your parent or guardian take on your behalf are legally binding.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.