Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Oh HAAAY GIRL! ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 01:48PM

Well, save for one, as she is my boyfriend's sister who just converted.

Immature?

yes.

Do I care?

No.

No more annoying Pro-LDS updates to burn my eyes!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: student ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 01:57PM

I did this as well about a year and a half ago. The only mo-mos I'm still fb friends with are the kind that would rather die than hang a family proclamation on their wall. The ones that are in it for good, but have fun laughing at the idiocy.

I have one devout friend who has agreed to remain friends IRL, but not fb. We know what topics are off limits in face to face conversations. Of course fb doesn't include that sort of filter.

I can't abide morgasms either. Or suggestions to "like" Boyd KKK Packer. Gah.

Posted by: Lillium ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 01:57PM

I'm with ya girl! Good for you.

Some people here actually go to mormon mommy forums and blogs ON PURPOSE!!!! I don't know how they can stand reading all the crap.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 02:00PM

Posted by: Rob ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 02:13PM

You had my hopes up that you were some sort of all-powerful, internet wizard...but I still see mormons on facebook.

I guess you only helped yoursef. That's so selfish of you!

Posted by: Lillium ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 02:37PM

Posted by: lostinutah ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 07:46PM

Also ROFLMFAO

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 02:23PM

Mormons live to say obnoxious things and then fight you tooth and nail on everything you say that might conflict with their bizarre religion. I got tired of it, so I unfriended them all. Bye.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 02:30PM

That works.
One of many uses: Anyone who accepts my Friend request then blocks me from from clicking Like and comment, yet others can reply, is eligible for the HIDE function.

Posted by: SLDrone ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 02:42PM

It's one thing to despise the fraudulent organization, and yet another to reject it's victims. There are many wonderful and loving Mormon people who are in desperate need of positive role models outside of the faith.

It's easy to blame the victim, but something to consider.

Posted by: Makurosu ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 03:07PM

I reserve the right to pick my own friends, and I have no interest in hearing about Thomas S. Monson or Tea Party personality X or how the Church is "so true" or in enduring vitriolic attacks on my character from someone I hardly know for saying that I had a lovely wine at dinner. That's just annoying, and I don't want these people as friends.

You can choose to think of them as victims, but I don't think they are victims until they have repudiated Mormonism. Up until the time they choose to do that, they are contributors to the madness and are not victims. Most of these people never will repudiate this religion, and those that do will find a friend in me and many other ex-Mormons. However, they must think their way out first and only they can do that.

Posted by: SLDrone ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 07:13PM

You know what I mean Mak, and yes I see them as victims of a fraud. Besides, I don't have any Mormon friends that would behave that way toward me, but I would never reject a friend just because he's Mormon. If he acted the way you are describing then absolutely he would not be my friend or on my facebook page anyway.

Nice to see you by the way.

Posted by: goldenrule ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 02:56PM

Good for you! Hopefully now FB can be enjoyable now.

I got off FB entirely because my TBM "friends" were driving me insane.

Posted by: experienceheals ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 03:06PM

Nothing immature about that. You did the right thing. No one needs toxic waste in their life! Now time to replace them with new friends who'll be genuine. Just don't let anyone fool you into believing they're cool. Usually when all someone does is talk about themselves while tearing others down, that's when you smell a rat. I've found myself getting rid of people like that on my facebook in the past even if they weren't Mormons. I chose to get rid of Mormons who thought they were the best while judging others too. I've kept a few who actually were cool enough to keep their pro-mormon updates to themselves and not proclaim it to the world it's so called "TRUTHFULLNESS"

Posted by: Captain Caveman ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 03:21PM

Except I didn't delete them, thinking it would be better to keep them on my friend list in case I ever need to really get in touch with any of them. I did mute them, so I don't see their status updates. it's sort of hidden, when you mouse over an update you see an 'X' appear to the right. If you left click the 'X' you get a short context menu, you can hide posts. so my religious fb friends aren't pissing me off with stupid jesus talk (works well for overly chatty people who post about every damn thing they do all day long) but I can still get in touch with them if need be.

Posted by: experienceheals ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 04:29PM

I got rid of those annoying people too because all they think about are themselves! I don't find someone a sincere friend who is only thinking about themselves 24/7. I call the shots and choose who I want to be in my life or not. When someone is annoying enough and taking up the rest of the board where I could be spending time reading more thoughtful posts others are making, then it's time for that person to go.

Posted by: jeffnlb ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 05:43PM

Very much agreed, experienceheals.

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 04:36PM

I deleted my bro's family because they became hateful religious fanatics and I had no wish to read any of their crap, and interacting with them was always horrible.

Posted by: sal ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 06:51PM

I have thought about doing that. The reason i haven't is that my bf's family are the most mormon ones, and i can't delete them without seriously causing drama. so I "hide" them instead. Just imagining deleting all my mormon fb friends makes me happy though...good for you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.