Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Boilermaker ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 05:35PM

It seems to me that if one were not wanting to give up Mormonism that you would just accept the proofs Lindsay offers without much criticism. It is no wonder that Mormons can intellectually square their faith if they want to believe.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 05:39PM

In fact, when you question something but are so busy with parenting those pre-mortal spirits brought here, working for tithing, and servicing the Morg...Well, all you can do is trust that these "intellectuals" have looked at it, got it nailed and closed the case for you.

You trust it even more than the GAs. I mean, they're "smart" and they're still members, so they must have "figured it all out".

Yeah, no wonder "every member a janitor" is an inspired program. No rest for the gullible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2011 06:04PM by Jesus Smith.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 05:53PM

Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 05:58PM

---"Intellectuals"--- Just razzin' ya'! : )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2011 05:59PM by Fetal Deity.

Posted by: Jesus Smith ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 06:05PM

Sorry, my sarcasm meter needs caffeine today. lol

Posted by: saviorjoe ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 06:06PM

As with any other apologetics, I tended to not be able to find hardly, if any references. I didn't think too much of it previously when I didn't know how to properly use my Mormon brain, but something didn't really seem right to me. Why weren't there more people and whatnot that just accepted the church out of fact or at least were very very intrigued by the evidence? Oh, that's right, cause the evidence probably got started out of hearsay. The church is bogus and while I was once amused by his site, I came to the conclusion that it isn't credible, but don't know why. Maybe it's his picture or site setup. Don't know. But all the church pushes is really just propaganda anyway. All opposing views will, of course, be eliminated, so that it can be at all times, "faith-promoting."

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 06:07PM

Date: January 24, 2011 06:24PM

What that means, basically, is that he STARTS with a conclusion: "Mormonism is true (cuz it feels warm and fuzzy)!" He then goes in search of every piddling scrap of "evidence" he can find to prove that point--and conveniently forgets to even consider the MOUNTAINS of evidence that point in the opposite direction.

REAL science BEGINS by asking questions and gathering evidence. Then it takes the evidence--ALL of evidence--and tries to answer the questions and draw conclusions through the formulation of theories, based on the evidence--ALL of the evidence.

Mathematically, we summarize as follows:

(Jeff Lindsay) = -(Carl Sagan)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2011 06:41PM by Fetal Deity.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 06:29PM

Posted by: hello ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 06:34PM

I think he is saying that Sagan + Lindsay = Sagan.

Or, Lindsay is no Sagan, as Lindsay is zero.

Date: January 24, 2011 06:52PM

I theorize that had Carl Sagan and Jeff Lindsay ever come in close contact with each other, the resultant reaction would have annihilated them both and left a large radius of total destruction! LoL! : )

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2011 06:55PM by Fetal Deity.

Posted by: Raptor Jesus ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 06:56PM

Lindsay is the anti-matter equivalent of Sagan.

Or Lindsay is bizarro-Sagan.

Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 06:50PM

I came into the church via an older sibling who was much smarter than I was. Or so I thought. I figure, if she researched and had it figured out and accepted it, then it must be true. Oh well, live and learn.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.