Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: 665 N' 1/2 ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 05:56PM

Differing from Male child to female child? I am a male and I know it has been very hard on me to see my family be unable to care about me.

One of them said "I have not seen you in years."

I said to myself "you could have called."

These parents and family members are unable to care.

They are simply brainwashed that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the way to love.

"Adherence to what the church teaches or the "gospel" will make us love you and you life perfect."

It's like they are trying to score a deal with you.

Your helpless.

It has been very hard on me to see their fake ways of expressing love.

It's not even love.

It's not even family.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nomo moses ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 06:04PM

My son once made arrangements to fly out of state to meet someone he had met on the internet. My wife told him that if he left, he could not return home. I stepped in and told him he was always welcome home, no matter what has happened. After a cople failed relationships and some mental hospital stays, he is back home and my wife is more supportive now.

That being said, when I resigned from the church without informing my wife, I was worried about her response and had made back up plans to move in with a friend. It was rough the first week, but our relationship and communication is better than in 26 years of marriage.

Posted by: nomo moses ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 06:08PM

One thing I really despise is how some in the church will treat someone different based on church values. My sister-in-law's mother made a quilt for each grandchild when they got married, unless it was not in the temple. Where is the unconditional love?

When my sister was married, ward members commented that they couldn't believe the fancy wedding my mother gave them since they were not married in the temple.

Posted by: 665 N' 1/2 ( )
Date: January 24, 2011 06:12PM

Pathetic.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.