Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lucky ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 12:45AM

start refering to & openly calling the MORmON church
"the secret hand shake church" ?

sure MORmONS will be up set. sure it will put off my TBM family, but guess what! the mission thing kind that I was automatically expected to do put me off too among alot of other things. but think of the grief it might save so many people especially youth if they know up front what this load of crap religion is really about, and the only reason people refrain from applying this apt title is because MORmONS get irate.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 12:57AM

Say what you wish. Who is going to do anything to you? And things that are a joke, well, they are joked about.

Posted by: snb (logged out) ( )
Date: January 25, 2011 01:48AM

This all depends on what your goals are. If you are trying to annoy people, or make them angry (totally valid), then yeah, calling it that, or typing out "MORmON" will get people angry.

If you are actually trying to make change, or keep friends, then that is the wrong thing to do. As the saying goes, you can attract more bees with honey than you can with vinegar, and if you ever actually want to get into a serious discussion where you might change somebodies mind about living under a very oppressive religion, insulting them directly will never work.

Remember, these people are just as brainwashed as you used to be, probably even more. They need help and probably don't deserve the invective.

It was serious conversation, logic, reasoning and a friend who was not insulting that helped me out of the church. Sarcastic or outright angsty comments wouldn't have helped.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.