Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: another guy ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 09:05PM

... from the LDS Church. The church has deviated so far from his original teachings, JS wouldn't recognize it, and he wouldn't survive a week without being brought up before the bretheren for correction. Has anyone here pointed this out to the defenders? What do they say?

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 05, 2010 09:44PM

one that comes to mind is the role of women. I read in the Teachings of the Prophet JS, that it is appropriate for women to give their own blessings, if they feel feel so moved by the spirit. That certainly wouldn't fly now.

Posted by: Major Bidamon ( )
Date: October 06, 2010 12:28AM

I read the 1998 general handbook of instructions today (spurred on by Mormon Expression podcast on the topic). He would not have been in Apostasy ... you see, he writes the rules. If JS were here today, he'd marry all the stake president's wives and those who didn't like it would be excommunicated. It's nice to be King!

Date: October 06, 2010 08:59AM

He could've had my ex-wife... and she would have LOVED it. (They would deserve each other)

Posted by: Rebecca ( )
Date: October 06, 2010 09:42PM

That's a good point. It seems to me at least that the church under Joe was more, dare I say it, progressive than under Brigham, especially in the treatment of women.

Maybe Joseph had to throw a bone to all the women he was sleeping with. Who knows.

Posted by: happycat ( )
Date: October 06, 2010 09:05PM

If Joesph smith were alive to day he'd get a punch in the nose.

Posted by: djb ( )
Date: October 06, 2010 11:56PM

If he were alive today, I'd still be in the church. Because a guy that is still alive being 200 years old would probably make me want to be in the church.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.