Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: angsty ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 09:29PM

So, before, during, and just after conference, my LDS friends and family on facebook spilled forth about how enriching and wonderful conference was:

"Can I just say that I ♥, ♥,♥ President Monson. I love his sincere love for all of us and his great spirit. I'm glad he said he has to much to do and fulfill before going to eternal sleep!"

"Sad that conference will be over for another 6 months. I have enjoyed it sooo much!"

"I LOVE Conference weekend. I love the traditions and the Talks. One of the speakers said "THE WORLD WILL TEACH OUR CHILDREN IF WE DO NOT" How true that is!!"

"Wasn't general conference wonderful?!"

etc. ad nauseum...

==============================================================

Then, the media got wind of the controversy and all the exmo and liberal Mormons started buzzing away about Packer's talk (myself included). So, what are they posting now, after the media fallout???

"I hate facebook"

"I'm so tired of heartache"

"the guilty taketh the truth to be hard, for it cutteth them to the very center" (Hmmm...there's some irony there)

"I've been crying all day. Why do people have to be so judgmental?" (this from a TBM who opposes gay marriage and is referring to how the church is being judged so harshly).

I could go on, but this sampling just about sums it up.

They don't much like being criticized, do they? Maybe they ought to think about whether they can take it before they go dishing it out. This is one slow-learning religion.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: maria ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 09:36PM

Judgmental???????????????

UGH!

I'm sorry, I know that's your friend/family, but that makes me violent.

Date: October 05, 2010 09:48PM

I think she just completely lacks the context to see what was so offensive.

Posted by: forgotmynewname ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 09:37PM

hahaha i've noticed a similar happening. People whining about "the media" and such. They always turn it into "we're the ones being persecuted"

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 09:47PM

I can treat you any way you want and if you object, you are mean for picking on me.

Date: October 05, 2010 09:49PM

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: October 05, 2010 11:41PM

That's right....they need to learn to take it once they begin dishing it out. Well put. They are very weak actually. They can only accept glowing reports about themselves. They are perfect don't ya know?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.