Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: July 15, 2013 08:32PM

In addition to impossible-to-reasonably-explain-to-anyone-with-half-a-brain things like Book of Abraham and multi- First Visions............

1) 1890 Manifesto not really a revelation reversing the New and Everlasting Covenant (oops!)

2) Jaredites from the--everyone pretty much admits--mythical Tower of Babel but written as fact in BoM.

3) Exact mistakes from King James Bible appear in "God given" BoM.

4) Satan (or The Adversary) not a concept in ancient Judaism; God is all powerful and wreaks havoc and destruction only if HE wants to and/or allows his angels to go for it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: releve ( )
Date: July 15, 2013 08:51PM

A church that claims that the US Constitution is inspired, but stands behind their prophet when he violates the first amendment.

Posted by: ladell ( )
Date: July 15, 2013 09:03PM

Inseparable from conservative politics

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: July 16, 2013 11:02AM

How about President Wilford Woodruff, supposedly with the official hotline to God, baptizing the Founding Fathers after they "visited" him and complained they hadn't had their work done, when in reality they had been dead-dunked 35 years before?

Tacit support for Nazi Germany in the '30's. God didn't give TSCC a heads up on the whole Holocaust thing?

Posted by: johngaltspeaking ( )
Date: July 16, 2013 03:06PM

Can you give a source for your second claim? I'm very interested in that.

Posted by: msp ( )
Date: July 16, 2013 04:32PM

Here are a couple I could pull up. I haven't had the chance to read through it all, but this may be what you're looking for!
http://exmormon.org/d6/drupal/Mormon-Endorsement-of-Hitler-and-the-Nazis
http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,421473,421473

It seems as though a member even got exed for NOT supporting Hitler!
http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,45752,45951#msg-45951
(search the page for "opposition to Hitler")

Credit and compliments to steve benson for these!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2013 04:32PM by msp.

Posted by: johngaltspeaking ( )
Date: July 16, 2013 04:46PM

Yep, thank you for finding these articles, great reading. I remember hearing that mormons were next quite often actually. Funny to see that TSCC didn't discern that in 1933.

Posted by: sherlock ( )
Date: July 16, 2013 12:51PM

Pres Hinckley claiming that Jesus cares about the number of ear piercings. It might have only been a minor thing, but it helped cement in my mind that GBH has never spoken with Jesus.

Posted by: Haunted Wasatch ( )
Date: July 16, 2013 01:09PM

Bruce R McKonkie stating that TSCC can just throw out what ever claims and doctrine made in the past when ever we want and replace them with "new" revelation because in the past we only had limited light and truth as the TSC gospel is line upon line and precept upon precept so any embarrassing claims or insane doctrine can just be swept under the rug and replaced with what ever our PR depart... err I mean Heaven reveals to us. So if you have a 1977 gold book of mormon please destroy it.

Oh and btw, Noah's flood in 2300 bc killed ALL the dinosaurs from all the eras and periods going back to the Pre-Cambrian--it's that awesome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2013 01:10PM by morgrefugee.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: July 16, 2013 05:25PM

In a college geology course. looking at the evidence in my own back yard (aka those majestic slanted and twisted Wasatch Mountains, plus holding fossilized rocks in my hand, how could the lds church not uphold evolution?

I needed them to be shouting the news out loud and clear about how amazing and awesome this showed God to be.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.