Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: subeam ( )
Date: July 17, 2013 09:56PM

This is an update from.
http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,835853
So now high priest's son got engaged, to be married in the temple. A friend of my mom knows the fiancé mother and had to tell her about what soon to be father in law did. So nobody actually talked to the soon to be bride but they will discuss it with her father who will than decide who needs to know. That whole thing really upsets me. The bride to be is old enough she is a woman and not a child, why does a priesthood holder has to decide what she needs to know or not. Second I told a friend about it because she has a 12 year old son so that she can protect her son from the high priest. Well that friend told her mom and now the word is spreading. The high priests son is a really nice guy and soon will find out what his dad did due to ward gossip. I e-mailed the police and I told my friend to protect children from this man but I didn't want the gossip.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: July 19, 2021 10:40AM

Update high priest went to prison and served a 7-8 years sentence. His wife goes with my mom in the same ward. 2 weeks ago the high priest gave testimony that her husband will be out of prison soon and that everyone should welcome him with open arms.

Date: July 19, 2021 11:26AM

subeamnotlogedin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Update high priest went to prison and served a 7-8
> years sentence. His wife goes with my mom in the
> same ward. 2 weeks ago the high priest gave
> testimony that her husband will be out of prison
> soon and that everyone should welcome him with
> open arms.

I ment to write that the high priests wife gave testimony. Her husband is still in prison.

Date: July 19, 2021 11:43AM

Now it seams like everything starts all over again.Once again I contacted the bishop and the stake president that it will not be safe to have the high priest around children or youth in the ward once he is out of prison. Again I did not get a reply from them. Ward members are eager to forgive the high priest.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 19, 2021 11:46AM

Subeam, the important thing to know is that child molesters don't reform. They can never again be trusted around children or youth. If I were the bride, I would want to know. This man should not ever be alone with children or youth again. The fact that he "repented" means nothing. People are fooling themselves if they think that's the case.

I see that the man in question is a German national. Given that he's already violated a court order, it seems to me that your country might consider deporting him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2021 11:52AM by summer.

Date: July 19, 2021 11:51AM

summer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did he go to prison for the sexual abuse of
> minors?
>
Yes

Date: July 19, 2021 11:52AM

Thanks -- I translated one of the articles to English and saw that. The man is truly horrible and should be kept far, far away from minors.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: July 20, 2021 02:40AM

Any chance of bringing back the Whistling and Whittling Brigade?

Posted by: logged out today ( )
Date: July 19, 2021 12:30PM

Maybe go to the newspapers/TV stations to let people know how the church enables sex criminals.

The public needs to know about this behavior, and the church hates its misdeeds to be brought into the light.

Organizations that thrive in darkness and secrecy (looking at you, mormon church) are malignant.

"welcome with open arms" JFC.

Posted by: wondering ( )
Date: July 19, 2021 10:35PM

Why have the church decide. Someone, anyone, give her a copy of the truth before her life is ruined! Don’t beat around the bush and take different paths. Tell her.

I wish someone had the decency to tell me.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: July 20, 2021 10:51AM

My father in law was convicted of pedophilia an went to prison
It is an incurable disease. He could never be trusted around female children and attempted to molest all three of my daughters before we caught him.
don't ever be fooled into thinking that this is curable.

Date: July 20, 2021 11:42AM

Years ago, I was sitting at the dinner table with my family. A longtime neighbor had been publicly accused of molestation. The men in my family could not believe it. My mom said, "I believe it (because he did that to me.") I said, "I believe it (because he did that to me as well.")

They just don't quit.

Date: July 20, 2021 10:29PM

Sorry Summer.

Date: July 21, 2021 11:47AM

The high priest is on Facebook I have reported him because per Facebook policy convicted pedophiles are not allowed to be on Facebook. Facebook has a link to report it. High priest got out of prison maybe a week ago or so and is starting things back up. H

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.