Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Frank_Farter ( )
Date: August 13, 2013 12:55PM

After some discussion on another thread regarding chuch finances, it's obvious that the GAs are going to purposely live in "humble" homes to show how their "modest stipends" are being spent.

If you really want to see where the money is going, look at the top 15's children and grandchildren. Many of the the GAs children have Ivy League graduate degrees (which I'm sure the church paid for) and live in very large and expensive homes. Most of them get their jobs either working directly for the church, or through connections by means of the church. Many involved in land dealing and real estate.

I'm certain that the GAs kids are benefiting from the tithing donations of the members either directly or indirectly.

Anyone out there seen situations where it looks like the top 15s kids are living the good life off of their connection to the church?

It would be interesting for someone to list out the homes/education/employment of the children of the top 15. I'm curious to see how they all live...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: August 13, 2013 01:48PM

Nothing's too good for the Lord's annointed's children!

Posted by: deco ( )
Date: August 13, 2013 02:07PM

Why just children? Mitt Romneys dad was good personal friends with TSM, and interacted with him a lot while TSM was the mission president in canada. George Romney was the stake president in an area that TSM was the mission president.

Mitt claims publicly that he made all of his money himself, even donating his inheritance. Once again it is all diversion. He would not have made it through school if not for selling stock his father had given him. My guess is that the canadian mission that TSM presided over used AMC vehicles. Maybe someone remembers and all of LDS Inc used AMC vehicles. I cannot remember.

We do not what deal was made by LDS Inc and AMC, but it would be a fair guess that it benefited both of Romney and TSM more than a simple car deal.

We have some information on a stock deal between LDS Inc and Mitt regarding Burger King stock. We only know bits and pieces of this because mitt was running for prez. How many times does this stuff happen under the radar?

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely. Combine that with senile leadership, we simply have to guess at how deep the corruption runs. We know how deep the nepotism runs.

When this is combines with a 'compartmentalization', a system with no checks and balances, and a system claimed to be built on trust- disaster is really inevitable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2013 02:09PM by deco.

Posted by: JasonK ( )
Date: August 13, 2013 02:15PM

I don't doubt the GAs children beneifited from their father's (or occasionally mother's) position in the church. However, most of the GAs were already financially successful and already had many connections; they didn't need the church in that regard.

More importantly, being children of overachievers likely had a more to do with what they did in life than anything (and it's not always pleasant living with such expectations.)

Most of these kids would be successful regardless. Whether they are happy and well-adjusted is an entirely different question.

Posted by: bobkolob ( )
Date: August 13, 2013 02:38PM

That is the exact same answer that I would give if I was a TBM. Fortunately, I've learned to look at the facts rather than accept a canned response that makes me feel good.

Posted by: stuntc ( )
Date: August 13, 2013 03:49PM

Hah ahahaha hahahahahahahahahaha!

Loud laughter aside. It's pretty well known that mission presidents' kids get free rides to church schools, free missions, free travel to their parents' mission among other things. Why would you argue that the 15's children get less? And they're so damn full of themselves. I had a DL that was a grandson of one of the 12. I remember him yelling at me over numbers once and i told him he could f off. He literally said "I am the grandson of X and your district leader and blah blah blah." If I'd known what I know now I'd have said something like "You're still a dick and the fact that he's your grandpa explains a lot." But I basically said I didn't care and told him to f off again haha.

Most smug, entitled, asshat-wearing "missionary" i met.

Posted by: gentlestrength ( )
Date: August 13, 2013 03:58PM

This is folklore. Several Church leaders were in the pipeline to leadership by age 30, the two most recent prophets included.

I truly don't know how the Mormon church manages it's money, it is far too secretive, but I see ample evidence of cronyism, nepotism, and corruption.

I see hardly any evidence that they spend money on people not within the core of Mormonism, this is not a charity, it is am MLM with the few out the top profiting off of the scam of recruiting others.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.