Exmormon Bios  : RfM
Exmormon's exit stories about how and why they left the church. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pamelaf3211 ( )
Date: December 11, 2013 03:19PM

We moved to Utah County 9 months ago. It's been nothing but difficult times since then. Myself and my young boys converted to mormonism because honestly, it was the only choice of churches in our tiny town. The missionaries didn't answer my questions very thoroughly and the few times they did, it was "well you should pray about it".

Finally, I began to dig through the church history and was astonished and put off by what I found. So...I did what I was told to do: I prayed about it. I feel very close to God and always have felt this way. I loved and still love reading my Bible. However, the Book of Mormon felt like reading gibberish. It felt like a farcical tale and had the spirit of EGO behind the words. I never felt comforted with it as I do the Bible.

Anyway, I had been praying specifically for 9 long months about the truth of the BOM and whether or not J. Smith was TRULY a prophet of GOD or not. Begging, asking and pleading. The history of my prayers is that I ALWAYS get an answer. I get the answer specifically, via dream format. The answer is often very clear, leaving no room for misinterpretation. It is a gift I'm grateful to have.

Regardless, for 9 long months I got no answers to my prayers. None. I just had very boring, customary to my subconscious day/night type of dreams, or none at all. I felt no "burning in the bosom" during baptism, confirmation or while reading the bom.

Finally, last week I got an answer, as per my usual way, in dream format. I was dreaming that I was crying and pleading with God, once again, for answers about the BOM and J. Smith. A soft, but calming voice very clearly said to me, "I answered you. There is nothing".

That was and has been my answer from Heavenly Father. There is no such thing as truth in the book of mormon. There is nothing. Nothing to it. There is nothing for God to tell me, because this religion is a lie. It's empty. No peace, no warmth, no comfort. Just fake.

I'm sorry I dragged my family through this and I'm glad it only lasted nine months.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2013 03:21PM by pamelaf3211.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.