Exmormon Bios  : RfM
Exmormon's exit stories about how and why they left the church. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: angels8383 ( )
Date: March 29, 2014 03:57PM

I will try to make this brief, I was raised in church, went to private school, but regardless the subject I have an issue when it comes to teaching. I have a hard time teaching my kids the "easier methods" in math. I can solve the problem but trying to put it in swords they can better understand seems to be difficult for me. Well recently these Mormon missionaries came to my home, there is so much I have learned from you folks who have had the strength and courage to walk away from what you know to be false. You have branched off simply by thinking for yourself and breaking the rules of a Mormons church. These guys aren't allowed to watch the news, they don't see a problem with being Las Vegas missionaries, they don't see how it appears to be redundant to send them to a place where Mormon churches are more common than emergency quick cares.

Originally I told these two young men that I would give them one hundred dollars and an hour of my time if they could show me in the bible where it says attend church on Sunday, they have been back multiple times, they are unable to show this to me yet, my argument for why is credibly undeniable as the reason is in both the bible and the BOM, as to why we should keep the seventh day holy. But this is not enough to convince them their "religion" has led them astray, has control over them until they become to weak to think for themselves.

Everything they argue begins with comments like "you wouldn't order a steak if you were an infant"... Wtf? Really, I'm not sure I'd order anything unless I was seven years late in the delivery room. Most infants I would think come out unable to talk, as a matter of fact I think all infants come out this way... What is up with the idioms they use, they start off making no sense. What is it I should be saying to them that would help them "want" to discover a truth to it all. Or just a reason to research the truth on their own, what will it take to snap the ignorance, they seem to be motivated by?

Even if they stayed in their church, what do I tell a Mormon, missionary that will help click it in their mind that I have been strong enough to restrain from biting their heads off, with my own religious views, but I don't think I can tolerate much more. They consider an exmormons and anti Mormon to be the same thing, or at least one of them does, and I know for sure this is not the case. With every topic I've seen and each I've read, it's obvious you guys are nothing the same.

Exmormons at one time dedicated their lives to serving the Mormon way, but with significant courage for free will and the right to stand up for what you believe in, I believe you found a better connection to God. He never said we have to attend church, just keep the sabbath day holy. Even if you felt in your heart that day was wednsday, I can respect you came to the decision because of what you researched, and you learned on your own. Your decision is one that is highly respected by many, including myself. You are stronger now, even in your weakest moments, right now, than ever in your life, even if it's not what you may feel.

I attended a LDS church in high school, had to attend seminary, meanwhile I knew so much of what they were teaching was based on a mans quest to gain control over its followers and their pockets. Even this young man who sat at my table this morning and had the close minded view to "only help the homeless, who are willing to work for the Mormon society, and support their movement," otherwise they were unworthy. This saddens me to think even as a child I had a bigger heart, and more common sense than these two do. They feel the need to repeated visit my home, despite them knowing "I know God" and my faith is deeper, older and stronger than any they may have. I'm thirty years old and have had faith before they were conceived on this earth, so why are they so fixed on me?

I thought missionaries are supposed to reach for those who had no faith at all, those who may not be saved if someone doesn't help educate them of God. Am I crazy for feeling this way? What should said to gain their focus from their predetermined motive, and make them think for one second. They need to be slapped with reality if they are ever gonna smarten up, as you all have. I'm not saying they live wickedly, but if God meant for us to cast judgement on others, especially the way these two do, I'm sure there would be less sewage systems that smelled like crap and more like roses, if you know what I mean. They don't get their crap smells as bad as the next sinners, they put one pant leg on at the same times, and manner the next sinner does.

They are just kids, but they could become something great, use their drive for more positive influenced and logical purpose than their current ambitious state, they wouldn't be so aggravating if they could learn to see from other eyes, for even one moment. They asked me how to read people, they know I am currently struggling to attend school for psychology, but believe I have a way of reading people. I told them they can claim they are so happy with life, but their body language and expressions say otherwise. Just them not being able to address my commentary and why I feel this way, leaves me wondering whether they believe their own BS. How do I help them?

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.