Exmormon Bios  : RfM
Exmormon's exit stories about how and why they left the church. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: asfder ( )
Date: August 27, 2014 01:49PM

Greetings, all you lovely people! My name is Charli, and I am sending in my resignation in a week! (I'd have sent it before, but I am not 18 until the seventh, so if I had my Mormonism obsessed mom would have stopped me.) I never really felt like the church was true, but because I was born into it I didn't have a choice other than to attend and keep my mouth shut. Even before I was baptized, I had doubts. I remember specifically being worried because I'd lied to the bishop about having memorized the "Gospel Standards" poster (anyone else remember that?) and I was sure he would know. I mean, he was gods own bishop right? he never said a thing about it, and I realized I was gonna have to get my ass out of there. only problem was, I had to keep my mom off my back. so I got a recommend and went to the temple- once. I went to all the youth conventions and girls camp, all so boring I literally could not keep myself awake for more than about 20 minutes at a time unless we were eating at any event, with the worst being the "especially for youth" thinger whatzits. they brought in the YW president to speak at this last one, and I swear I could hear every single person in the room snoring. The final straw though was the clothing issue. cliché as fuck, I know but that was the issue that made me mad enough to look up the truth about the church. I hate that I'm supposed to change how I dress to "protect" the boys from unvirtuous thoughts. oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize your thoughts were my problem. if you don't like how you think when you look at me, look someplace else, that's your problem, not mine. This of course led to more problems on actual issues, like the book of Abraham, which even I, a 17 year old who hasn't even bothered thinking about Egyptology since she was 7, could tell was a funeral scene, the treatment of women, which further strengthened my resolve to never have children or get married ever, and treatment of gay/lesbian/bisexual/transsexual people. I refuse to believe that god (if he even exists, I have yet to find proof of that,) would send so many wonderful people to hell based on who they were dating. I also had something of a sexuality crisis at that point, which is purely coincidental. still haven't figured that out, but I'm looking forward to exploring. so yeah, that's me. hopefully I can get my mom and two sisters out before too much longer, but given that my mom converted as a result of her dad dying, I'm not sure what might happen. oh well, maybe someday.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.