Exmormon Bios  : RfM
Exmormon's exit stories about how and why they left the church. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: April 03, 2011 11:41PM

This is a portion of the letter that I wrote a few weeks ago to the LDS Church Membership Dept. in SLC, Utah…………. Real names are not used. I hope you enjoy the fake names which suit the persons better!

I would like my name permanently removed from the records of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints as soon as possible.
My mother died a few years ago. Immediately after her death, I found out that Bishop “Lou C. Furr” of the “Deceived Member” Ward in Salt Lake City made a serious mistake regarding my mother’s financial investment accounts and as a result of it, I have had to sue the financial investment company AND Bishop Lou C. Furr concerning the matter. Bishop Lou C. Furr is also a financial advisor for this financial investment company. He is a very money hungry Bishop prick. Since mom’s death, I have been destroyed by persons of authority within the LDS Church. I am recovering from this now. It has broken my heart that Bishop Lou C. Furr did not follow my mother’s wishes and continues to lie about this.

My mom and I put a great deal of trust in Bishop Lou C. Furr as a financial advisor. Part of the reason for this trust is because of his status as an LDS bishop. In Utah, (in spite of knowing that the LDS church is false), the culture manipulates people to trust church authorities in matters religious and otherwise. After all, we expect higher standards from LDS authorities, (even though in reality those standards are usually or often much lower than the rest of society.) I grew up in Utah as a TBM until I was 15. Then I was disfellowshipped because I asked some doctrinal questions concerning sealings and was told that I was not to ask the church authorities questions, that I was not following the gospel by asking. I did not go back and thought that was the end of it (see below about this). I have since found out that my name is still on the membership records! I am an unfortunate and very sad victim of this Utah Mormon culture. I know there are other sad victims of this culture.

I have begged Bishop Lou C. Furr several times to admit his mistake, to be honest, to stop lying, and to make things right with God, with my mother and her beloved memory, and with myself. He refuses. He doesn’t even respond. I want my mom to be able to rest in peace. I have reminded Bishop Lou C. Furr about his duties as a bishop (information I got from the Doctrine & Covenants), and have contacted his Stake President “B. L. Zebubb” concerning this matter several times but to no avail. Bishop Lou C. Furr has proven to me that he is evil through to the bone marrow. I thought for sure that once Stake President B. L. Zebubb was involved that things would certainly change, that Bishop Lou C. Furr would take the salvation of his soul (his exaltation to a god) seriously but he did not. I thought that Bishop Lou C. Furr might consider his soul, his exaltation, and becoming a god to be more than money, but I guess not. Bishop Lou C. Furr is still a bishop and I would stake my reputation on it, that nobody but myself, Bishop Lou C. Furr, Stake President B. L. Zebubb know about this. I sincerely doubt if any actual Church higher authorities were told about this. It has been swept under a rug (as usual when it comes to negative items concerning the church) and Bishop Lou C. Furr’s reputation is fine.

I don’t want to be (and never have wanted to be) any part of an organization that tolerates dishonesty and horrible hypocrisy among the very role models it sets up for people to follow. That is just plain evil. I was so surprised about Bishop Lou C. Furr’s behavior and the behavior Stake President B. L. Zebubb (that nothing was done about this matter), that I delved into various LDS church writings in hopes of finding something that might move them to be more like the Christians they pretend/purport to be. As is the case with many ex-Mormons, something causes them to probe into the church history and doctrines and they end up being shocked that ANYONE could believe this ridiculous religion.

I read books and readings by Joseph Smith, McConkie, Brodie and many others, but I did not read ANY overt anti-Mormon materials. I didn’t have to; the mainstream LDS materials are enough to make one’s hair stand on end! As a result of my reading/research, I now believe that Bishop Lou C. Furr and Stake President B. L. Zebubb are following their leader to the tee. But their leader is not Christ but Joseph Smith. I believe that Joseph Smith was aa actual demon, a murderer, a criminal and a horrendous con man who fooled and misled many people. This man, who thought he was better than Jesus, was an evil narcissist.

To add insult to injury, the LDS Doctrine doesn’t add up at all; instead it contradicts Christian doctrine and it even contradicts its own doctrine. The only one of Joseph Smith’s so called “revelations” that has come true is the one about Porter Rockwell’s hair. You will recall that Porter Rockwell was the famous church assassin. The words “church” and “assassin” should never appear together in the same sentence. No other “revelations” have come true. That alone should be a wakeup call! Joseph Smith is the ultimate false prophet that the Bible warned us about. I am now proud to be an apostate from Mormonism.

There is something that Bishop Lou C. Furr should be thinking about………I go to bed each night knowing that I have done my best to be a kind and loving Christian, to show my love for God and for myself. Bishop Lou C. Furr goes to bed knowing that he destroyed my mom’s memory by lying, that he continues to lie and does everything to be as un-Christian and Satanic as he really is. He can’t possibly think that his gods are happy with him! There just is nothing true about the Mormon Church, never was, never will be. If you want to know about portions of the church’s doctrine, just watch reruns of the Sci-Fi show Battlestar Galactica! Knowing it is Sci-Fi says it all. Kolob/Kobol? Six feet tall, 1000 year old people dressed as Quakers on the moon? Please tell NASA!

You may ex-communicate me or just remove my name from the membership list, whatever. Please don’t call or visit me to get me to change my mind. I will only share what I know about Joseph Smith with any callers or visitors.

So, the above is the letter I wrote to the brethren! I received a reply about the “eternal consequences” of this decision to leave the church. They did not remove my name either. Just like the devil, they don’t want to let me have my soul back. It is going to take some more time and “thoughtful prayer” before my name can be removed! They have lots of audacity to think that an adult can’t make up their own mind about this matter.
To go back a bit, when I was 15 I was disfellowshipped as I mentioned above. I was 15 so I basically lost my friends (who were all LDS). The so-called “Christian” LDS church turned its back on me…………now that is truly what Jesus would NOT do! I did not go back since I felt as welcome as a case of syphilis. It did surprise me that they continued to keep my name on their rolls.
I am glad that I am out of it and out of Utah. As beautiful as Utah is, the Zion Curtain was suffocating me. 14 years without it have been refreshing! I will post when I get the papers saying I am OUT FOR SURE. Wish me luck.

Note: I have since read (on this site) the instructions about how the letter of resignation should be and I am sending another one tomorrow morning.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.