Exmormon Bios  : RfM
Exmormon's exit stories about how and why they left the church. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: NitWhit ( )
Date: November 08, 2015 12:11PM

I was born and raised in the Mormon Church. My father was either a bishop or stake president for the majority of my life. I have 7 brothers and sisters, all completely active, faithful members of the church.

I never liked church. It was too long and I didn't really get the point of going to church in general. Even as a teenager, I was forced to go. I never had a say at all. Even when I briefly moved home as an adult, my parents said I was not welcome unless I attended church every Sunday. So I did.

When I was 21, my best friend had just gone through the temple for the first time. Now, I had asked people before what it's like in the temple, and didn't really think much of it when they wouldn't tell me. But I was curious! And I knew my friend would tell me. So I asked her what it's like. I have NEVER seen anyone get so uncomfortable so fast in my life. She just awkwardly shifted around and mumbled "I'm not really supposed to talk about it."
Hmm ok. So I started looking into online. Holy CRAP MOTHER OF LOVE. I was mortified. I read a lot of stories, and started looking into some of the history. Again, mortified. At this point I was 22, and told my husband I wanted to leave the church. But I knew that the pain my family would endure because of this would not be worth it. So I didn't officially leave, but I did not ever attend church again.
I am 28 now. A few months ago, I just started doing a little more research into Joseph Smith. And my mind was just BLOWN. I mean, the whole church was founded by THIS MAN? He is straight evil. Like literally, EVIL. How does my family not see how f'ing crazy this is?

Anyway long story short, I am officially a Non-Mormon. Thank my lucky stars!

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.