Exmormon Bios  : RfM
Exmormon's exit stories about how and why they left the church. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Nondenominational1 ( )
Date: January 15, 2017 08:57PM

I was a member of the Mormon church for over two years before quitting. I am a huge advocate of not quitting anything unless my heart is truly not devoted anymore, or if I witness something unethical occur. From the time I investigated the church, until I was baptized, until my exit, my working knowledge of the logic behind the church and my overall belief was always off, but I took a 'leap of faith'. It wasn't until the summer before my final year in college that I came home for summerrors work and back to the church to visit the Young Men's event. I was a co-leader for a summer prior. One of the mothers of the youth, as soon as soon she saw me walk through the door into the church, started to whisper to another mother who was already standing next to her, while watching me. I found a friend to talk to, and shortly after, that mother who was whispering started whispering to another parent nearby and then said aloud "that's right, we don't do that sort of thing here." I walked up to her and asked if there was something wrong, based on that fact she was watching me the entire time while she said those things aloud. She told me "you should leave. You're not welcome here." After looking at the parent standing next to her and the friend I was previously talking to and both said nothing further, I left. I never found out what the parent was talking about regarding me, but after witnessing how a member of that church like her could act like that, so immaturely and deceiving, then talk to me that way, it didn't matter to me anymore. I also found out after a while later that that same parent had told her boss she was going on a smoke break while at work. I also found out that a couple of 18 year Olds who I knew of while attending the church who got married, divorced 4 months later. Not rumors by the way. I was later approached by that same parent of the church who asked me what would it take for me to come back to the church, over a year after leaving. The parent told me the reason why she was approaching me is because that church has 300 members on record, but only 65 of those members are active members who still attend. I told her I won't, I live a better life suited for me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.