Deconstructing Mormonism  : RfM
A discussion of Tom Riskas' book "Deconstructing Mormonism: An Analysis and Assessment of the Mormon Faith." 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: tomriskas ( )
Date: October 12, 2013 04:43PM

Just published a new document on Google. Check it out and share your thoughts and suggestions.

If you like it, share the link and let it go viral.

Here's the link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gGvtJzyca8rlV2qPOyTP7eFjORxEz1wOKX-Drnbk0YE/edit

T

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lemm0n ( )
Date: October 15, 2013 05:14PM

Wow, Google. The gateway to Simon and Schuster!

Posted by: tinieblas1975 ( )
Date: April 09, 2014 11:43PM

Why isn"t there ANY archeological discoveries backing the claim that there was a batle at hill gomorrah (do not know if I am spelling it correctly) and why won't the church allow digging at said site?? and why go to the trouble to claim that Native Americans are decendants of the lemonite tribe when DNA clearly show that Native Americans are related to Asian people. why all the time the mormons are questioned and they can't answer with Bible scriptures they say "take it in faith and ask heavenly father" and lastly the book of Abraham should have been written in Aramaic and not in hyrogliphics that were bought from a door to door salesman that joseph smith bought and took many years to translate to later had the smithsonian say that he couldn't have even been able to translate the egyptian language?? I work for mormons and they are absolutely nuts!!!! and it's not because I am not open minded but rather because how they conduct themselves and only are kind to their own, in the company that I work for if you are not mormon you are not considered for any management positions and are treated like dirt!!! why is that????

Posted by: notnewatthisanymore ( )
Date: April 22, 2014 08:34AM

This is an important distinction in the conversation. There are questions that need to be answered by the believer before it can even be established that the concept of God is coherent, rational, even within the realm of possible discource. This has to come long before an assertion can be made for the existence or non-existence of any such being. It is interesting to watch an argument about God between people who don't understand this, since you can see in real-time the shifting working definition of something that is incoherent. The problem is that their god-talk is constructed such that they believe these questions to be blasphemous or sinful to consider, and that they should just be matters of faith, anyone asserting otherwise is filled with an evil spirit. Utterly exhausting.

Posted by: tomriskas ( )
Date: March 24, 2015 02:02AM

Greetings.

Below for those who might be interested are the links to two documents that supplement DM.

The first supplement is an expanded and enhanced revision of the original document that started this thread.

The second supplement provides what I hope will serve as an adequate explanation and defense of the justifiability requirements proposed and utilized in my analytical deconstruction of mormonism.

All relevant questions and/or comments welcomed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4g-GP2RTpXuOEFaNUZxOHVDVE0/view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4g-GP2RTpXuV0ZESE5WaUNKZkU/view

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.