Deconstructing Mormonism  : RfM
A discussion of Tom Riskas' book "Deconstructing Mormonism: An Analysis and Assessment of the Mormon Faith." 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ishmaelnomore ( )
Date: January 21, 2015 01:49PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: October 06, 2016 09:41PM

No, but I just downloaded the "free sample" to my Kindle. The author, Douglas Spotted Eagle, caught my eye because my daughter was a student at the junior high where his son attended, when he committed suicide, His name was Josh and it was a shock to the student body, as well as to the entire community. This was before the current, seemingly endless, string of suicides among LDS youth. If I recall, this occurred in about 1999. Josh was a year ahead of my daughter in school, in the 8th grade; while my daughter was in the 7th. I am anxious to read the sample and will, more than likely, order the book for my Kindle as this tragedy hit 'so close to home'.

Posted by: foggy2 ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 11:24PM

https://foxfrank13.wixsite.com/howardjhawk

Don't get depressed. Get even.

Mobsters in the Church.

Please forward to all.

Posted by: nayboor ( )
Date: August 03, 2018 11:32PM

I've never seen "normed" data on Mormon suicides. That is, are the numbers higher for specific national/regional demographics (gender, age, heritage, socioeconomics, etc.)? The buzz seems to be that Mormon rates have risen recently, but maybe national/regional rates have also risen. Does this book provide this data and is it unfiltered? That is, comparing active-Mormon youth suicide rates with youths active in other faiths vs youths in general would be unfiltered data.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.