Deconstructing Mormonism  : RfM
A discussion of Tom Riskas' book "Deconstructing Mormonism: An Analysis and Assessment of the Mormon Faith." 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nrnowlin ( )
Date: September 13, 2016 03:53PM

Norton R. Nowlin, M.A.
12807 Cara Drive
Woodbridge, VA 22192

571-398-7149

I am an ex-Mormon elder, stake and district missionary, ordained military group leader, and ward mission leader, from 1970-2000. I served the devil for 30 years in Mormonism before I found the Lord Jesus on my knees and accepted his blessed grace through his precious blood. There is irrefutable smoking-gun proof that Mormon theology is polytheistic and pagan. It is "Lesson 21-Man May Become like God."

What is "Lesson 21-Man May Become Like God?"

"Lesson 21" is a concise restatement of founding Mormon Prophet Joseph Smith's 1844 "King Follett Discourse" and Mormon Prophet Lorenzo Snow's refinement of it in the late 1890s. "Lesson 21" was the last time that the Mormon Church placed into print its literal predicate of its polytheistic theology for the LDS Melchizedek Priesthood to standardly study; and it is verified, in "Lesson 21" as canonized LDS scripture and commandments by the LDS First Presidency comprised of Mormon Prophet, Seer, and Revelator Spencer W. Kimball and his three apostle counselors, N. Eldon Tanner, Marion G. Romney, and Gordon B. Hinckley. It is the only smoking-gun evidence of 19th Century Mormon polytheism venerated and practiced in the 20th and 21st Centuries, which is verified by the highest authority in the LDS Church, a 20th Century LDS First Presidency. The Mormon Church never expected it to be used against them, which clearly illustrates their demonic arrogance.

Anyone reading "Lesson 21," especially struggling Christians who will, no doubt, come into contact with the lying Mormon full-time missionaries at some point, will immediately realize that Mormonism is not Christian; and keeping Christians away from Mormonism proves much simpler than trying to convert true-blue Mormons from the error of their ways, even though some of them eventually come to Christ.

I sincerely believe that true Christians know that fulfillment of prophecy is the primary reason that millionaire Franklin Graham has publicly proclaimed on the BGEA website that "Mormonism is Christian and not a cult." The New Testament clearly states that in the latter-days the very elect will be deceived, and Franklin Graham was speaking for his father, the noted evangelist Billy Graham, when he made his absurd and heretical proclamation. The world needs to be told the truth about real Mormon polytheistic theology. Please contact me at the above number, or by email, if I may be of assistance to your ministry.

If anyone reading this post would like to have a PDF copy of "Lesson 21," please contact me at <nrnowlin@yahoo.com> and I will send out the copies immediately.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: September 23, 2016 07:58PM

I am glad that you found the true Jesus. I have found it wonderfully spiritual to pray directly to Jesus Christ sometimes, and many prayers have been answered. Bruce R McConkie taught us that it is wrong to have a relationship with Jesus Christ, and the whole LDS church claimed that it is evil to pray to Jesus.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: December 09, 2016 04:48AM

How so? As a lay Mormon for years before leaving Mormonism, Bruce R McConkie was a personal favorite.

His hymn "I believe in Christ, he is my King," contradicts your statement.

Maybe that was the side he only showed to us poor common folk, I don't know. But it worked while it did.

As a Mormon child I was taught to pray in four steps, first, by making direct supplication to God the Father. Second, giving thanks for all my blessings. Third, making my petitions and requests known, in earnest. And then always to close a prayer "In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

That was the drill. So no, we didn't pray to Jesus, that much is correct. But we were to pray *through* Jesus, who we were taught was our intercessor and advocate with the Father.

Posted by: nrnowlin ( )
Date: February 19, 2018 09:26PM

I knew Bruce McConkie personally, exchanged letters with him, and discovered how very confused he was about Mormon theology and his role as Mormon apologist. He contradicted himself numerous time in his tome, "Mormon Doctrine," about grace and the Jesus Christ of Mormonism. McConkie was good at "lying for the Mormon lord," and made it very clear that the Mormon Jesus was not the Jesus of the Holy Bible. McConkie made it clear that he did not agree with the Apostle John, in John 1:1-10, where it states that "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." To McConkie, Jesus was not God, but a celestially procreated off-spring of a once human father-god, and a brother to Satan. Like I said, McConkie was a confused man!

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: July 15, 2017 02:37PM

This boarders on preaching. We allow expressions of faith. We draw the line on preaching. Do not be surprised if you do not feel a warm fuzzy in the responses.

Posted by: itzbeen20 ( )
Date: November 14, 2017 02:53PM

Why are you down on m when j is not god anyhow?

Posted by: rustynowlin ( )
Date: March 07, 2018 12:55PM

The following is a complete copy of "Lesson 21 - Man May Become Like God." Follow the hyperlink, read it, and see that the essence of Mormon theology is pagan and polytheistic:

http://richkelsey.org/lesson21.html

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.