Deconstructing Mormonism  : RfM
A discussion of Tom Riskas' book "Deconstructing Mormonism: An Analysis and Assessment of the Mormon Faith." 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: enoughenoch19 ( )
Date: July 12, 2013 04:02AM

I have been reading in the first section before chapter 1. So far, I have found the book to be well researched and very interesting. I thought I would be reading more of the same topics as many other books about the lies told by the Mormon church. It does tell about that, but so much more in in a very masterful way. Riska is very gifted at explaining complex ideas. I don't know what I expected, but I feel that this will go into the future as THE MAIN BOOK to read for questioning Mormons and other interested persons as well. Pardon the comparison (and keep in mind that I am only using this comparison to illustrate how important I believe the book will be), but I think it will be like Bruce McConkie's "Mormon Doctrine" in terms of it's ability to convey ideas and information. After I get further into it, I will come back and write again. This is not the kind of book you just sit and read at least for me it isn't. I like to read a portion and then digest it and ponder it. I am thoroughly enjoying it. It is not a fast read but it is a page turner. So many things I grew up with are making more sense now because of the way Riska sheds light on the topics. It is like the same topic but looked at under a new light with a new and informed lens or something. My analogy is not the best but anyway, more later.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rashedibragimov ( )
Date: October 27, 2014 05:29AM

Deconstructing Mormonism is not just another "anti-Mormon" attack on the church, its leaders, or its origins and history. And it's not just another religious criticism of Mormonism, or yet one more story of a disgruntled ex-believer. This book is the first and only substantial atheistic and psycho-social analysis and assessment of Mormonism to date. It reveals that with Mormonism, what is represented by Missionaries and members of the faith is not what exists beneath the surface. Like all other theistic faiths, Mormonism is not only a demonstrably irrational belief system at its core, but represents the worst in all theistic faiths as an authoritarian and 'revelation'-based system of mind-control. With Mormonism what you see is definitely not what you get.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2014 05:29AM by rashedibragimov.

Posted by: foggy2 ( )
Date: December 01, 2017 11:26PM

https://foxfrank13.wixsite.com/howardjhawk

Here is an attack for you.

You will read about the Mob and the Church Connection.

THe Tippetts family hired by the Elders.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.