Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: utahfantasy ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 07:09PM

My wife came to me in a somber mood this morning and said I had a nightmare last night. I asked what it was about thinking it was the usual murder/scary movie type dream and didn't think much of it. Then she replied, we went to the temple with your family. I was shocked. She said my family pressured us into going and we went to try and make peace. She said she had this sick feeling the entire time in the dream and when we got there they wouldn't let her in cause her recommend had expired. So the front desk person started asking her to sing hymns to prove she believed for some reason but she couldn't remember the words. My wife said an old woman started getting angry with her that she would come to the temple if she didnt even know a primary song. My wife said she was scared and nervous as if it was a real nightmare. So I promised her we would never go back to that god-awful place. Pretty sure no one would have nightmares about the real "house of The Lord" lol

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: utahfantasy ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 07:14PM

I know it's dumb, just thought I would share.

Posted by: moonbeam ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 07:16PM

Legitimately frightening!

Posted by: Lenina ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 07:19PM

Not dumb at all. This is the right place to share these kinds of things. We all understand what your family is going through because we're going through stuff like this too.

Posted by: Buddacriss ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 08:30PM

I had a dream the other night, that I was sitting in Conference with my Dad who has passed on. When I woke up I wondered why would I see him in Conference...is he trying to tell me to go back to church?...I was happy to dream about my Dad, but why couldn't we have been skiing or in a hot-air balloon over Africa or something O_o...

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 08:37PM

Buddacriss Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I had a dream the other night, that I was sitting
> in Conference with my Dad who has passed on. When
> I woke up I wondered why would I see him in
> Conference...is he trying to tell me to go back to
> church?

Was your dad into LDS Inc.? If he was the dream makes sense. It was something he pinned his hopes upon.

Also, LDS Inc. dreams are common I believe because they are so all-inclusive to living. It isn't like stress at work or passing interpersonal relationships - it is a world view and an afterlife hope all tied together with family ties...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.