Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SamIAm ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 09:01PM

Im out 10+ years and a current bishop has decided to explore openly the challenges to moism. I'm no rookie I am rusty. Is there a passage that says in effect that the new world given to the nephites or jaredites was a land that , man had never before seen. My memory says there is but damned if I can find it.

Also, I know many would love to be in my shoes as this may be really fun. He's a good guy and if sincere will have his head spin in circles as we all have.

Thanks in advance for your help. I love the exmos and this board was a vital part of my recovery. I haven't been here for years but greatly appreciate you all.

Sam

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 09:11PM

--Doing the Wave (Good-bye) to Yet Another Absurd Book of Mormon Myth: Science Deep-Sixes the LDS Claim That the "New World" Was Kept Hidden for Book of Mormon Voyagers--

http://exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,561922

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2013 09:11PM by steve benson.

Posted by: Fetal Deity ( )
Date: August 23, 2013 09:11PM

"And behold, it is wisdom that this land should be kept as yet from the knowledge of other nations; for behold, many nations would overrun the land, that there would be no place for an inheritance.
"Wherefore, I, Lehi, have obtained a promise, that inasmuch as those whom the Lord God shall bring out of the land of Jerusalem shall keep his commandments, they shall prosper upon the face of this land; and they shall be kept from all other nations, that they may possess this land unto themselves. And if it so be that they shall keep his commandments they shall be blessed upon the face of this land, and there shall be none to molest them, nor to take away the land of their inheritance; and they shall dwell safely forever." (Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi 1:8 - 9)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.