Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: closer2fine ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 12:49AM

Husband calls from work and asks if I wanna take our kids and all go to the dollar movies tonight. Im like yeah sure that will be fun....what kid shows are playing? He informs me that he wants us to go see that "Ephraims...whateveritscalled" movie. Heart kinda sinks, my kids are 3 and 6, and aren't likely to sit through a show at a theater unless they are very entertained. And I would rather throw up than see that film. But I know hubby wants to "support" this film and I dont want to rock the boat, so im like sure ok when does it start? He wants me to meet him there oh and get pizza on the way. Basically I dont get there until about 20 minutes before it starts, simply because thats how long it took us to get pizza and get out there. He himself doesnt show up til just after I get there and is ticked because I dont have the tickets. We get in to get seats and every mo in town is there and I swear they over sold the theater. Hubby us ticked and blaming me to the point that I am embarrassed because its so public. So basically we arnt going to be able to sit together.... the only seats are front row. But hubby thinks its so important for us to watch this. I did ask if we couldnt just rent it, but that just ticked him off.....so im like, me and little one are just going home, you enjoy the movie. Lol he's like, your just going to throw this money away!? Yup the whole buck fifty! I know hes ticked. He came home and went right to bed without acknowledging me. (Yes we sleep in separate rooms) oh well he'll get over it.....

You guys are all interested in my night right?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 12:59AM

I'm not familiar with the movie. I can assure you that any movie with the name Ephraim and Mormons loving it, that I would not be interested. So I can't blame you for wanting to not see it. Is your hubby TBM? He really can't be that serious that he didn't even acknowledge you when he came home.

My mother and her husband sleep in different rooms, they've been married for 12 years. I don't think they have ever had sex. They are just roommates.

Date: August 24, 2013 01:04AM

Its a mormon movie....probably only playing in utah.

Posted by: StoneInHat ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 01:24AM

I noticed that was playing at the $2 theater in St. George. I think I'd rather have a root canal, at least they can give me anesthesia for that.

Posted by: jong1064 ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 07:42AM

Your DH sounds abusive. With 2 young kids, I feel for you. It is NEVER okay for your spouse to treat you like that. I am very concerned for you. Is this typical behavior for him?

Date: August 24, 2013 11:46AM

Naw....I think he could just sense that I didn't care about this movie, and that frustrated him because he was trying to make the point that it was important to support this film, and somehow he felt it was super important for the kids to watch it. And it was just frustrating that there were no seats.

He is starting to pick up on my "apostate" attitude a little more. He is the ward mission leader, and is way into his calling. Sure, he has his problems, and we definitely wont be married forever, but I really wouldn't call him abusive.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 08:10AM

Just saw the trailer. It's called "Ephraim's Rescue". Looks like a romanticized true story of a man named Ephraim Hanks who helped rescue the last of the doomed handcart trek. How someone can romanticize such a gruesome, sad event as the freezing, starving deaths of misguided religious zealots is beyond me. Only the deluded could make that event a romantic epic. It was one of brother Brigham's biggest follies and it's being made to look like a hollywood epic. Yes, the poor saps that survived that tragic event deserve some credit for surviving and I applaud anyone who may have helped rescue them but it doesn't sound (from the trailer) like anyone pointed the finger at Brigham's lunacy at ordering the whole disaster. Instead, it is being portrayed as a faith promoting fairy story. Yuck! Better not to have subjected your child to such a distortion of reality. It should have been a disaster flick like "Inferno" rather than what it appears to be. But then I haven't seen it so maybe I could be wrong.

What's even worse is how your hubby treated you. I love his condemnation that you were wasting a WHOLE $1.50 and your response. I'd have paid way more to get out of a situation like you found yourself. You were totally right to leave. Cheers to you. Stay strong girlfriend.

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 10:03AM

Seperate bedrooms? How awesome is that? You are so lucky. You do not have to listen to him snore or fart. You can enjoy your toys. Any chance you can get him to get his own place? You are one lucky lady.

Date: August 24, 2013 11:47AM

Lol....some day.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.