Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 09:43AM

My father bought me my first car. I was hoping for a camaro, mustang or even a 57 chevy. What I got was a 58 Pink Biscayne. Dad had paid $85 for it. I was embarrassed to drive it to early morning seminary, then to school, work, etc.

Funny thing about having a pink car, girls wanted to ride in it, make out in it and I loved the wide bench seat in the front. It was quite the hopping car in the church parking lot on Friday and Saturday nights.

My pink car had way more chick action than the more popular cars. The pink car died, sold it for $50 bought a camaro and my dating life was never again as good.

I think Mormon girls like pink cars. I miss my pink car.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: breedumyung ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 10:18AM

You started quite a trend.

Nowadays, even big, tough NFL players are into PINK...

LOL !!!

Posted by: diablo ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 04:46PM

"My pink car had way more chick action than the more popular cars. The pink car died, sold it for $50 bought a camaro and my dating life was never again as good."

Was your camaro blue to match your balls?

You know, mormon girls, no sex..

I'll be going now.

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 01:50PM

who also had a gay friend. Two things, not related except that they're funny--in my mind, with regard to my grandpa.

You wanna talk about embarrassing cars, how about the white '61 Dodge Lancer that my parents bought from my grandma's sister after I wrecked my mom's purple Impala.

That would be my nice grandma, the bad driver who was married to the grandpa with the pink car, and incidentally her other sister married my grandpa's most Mormon brother.

Munchymomom got a newer, blue Impala that my crabby grandma (who got a new car every 3 or 4 years) was done with, and I got the Lancer. It had a pushbutton transmission that didn't work very well. I'd be stopped at a light, and when the light changed and I hit the button it would sit there and go, "rrrRRRrrr, rrrRRRrrr, rrrRRRrrr," for a few seconds and then LURCH forward suddenly.

After my wasted year at Ricks Big Churchy High School--by which time I had a super cool '74 Nova, gold with a black vinyl top and 5-spoke chrome wheels, thanks to my nice grandma who didn't like that I was stuck in Idaho without wheels, and how good was she at picking--I was back in Arvada, home alone for a week for some reason. I forget what went wrong with my Nova, so I drove my mom's Impala to work in downtown Denver for a couple days before it made a noise that made me afraid to drive it. I think it was the air conditioning clutch.

That left the Lancer, and then it started to rain and the horn started honking every time I turned right. Not left, only right. It was like 20 miles to my work, and there were a lot of right turns on the way home--four in quick succession at the end, to get into the dog-bone cul de sac that we lived in.

"Honk! ... Honk! ... Honk! ... Honk!" I was laughing SO hard.

I got a neighbor to disconnect the horn.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2013 05:32PM by munchybotaz.

Posted by: darksided ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 02:02PM

'74 Nova! I want that! I used to carpool with a friend in high school who had to drive an ugly rust colored impala. That thing was sturdy! Her mom's mom owned that car and passed it down. Her mom even kept driving it after the kids moved out. It just kept going and going

Date: August 24, 2013 02:40PM

It was jacked up in the rear, and had dual exhaust, and made a cool noise.

Alas, I wrecked it in 1982, thanks to an old man in a hat who drove his big boaty green car on down West 2100 South, not knowing he had caused a wreck. I got the ticket anyway, driving too fast for existing conditions. That road did not look slick. But I came up over a hill in the inside lane, and there was this old man in a hat, in his big boaty green car. I had two choices: (1) hit the brakes to avoid giving the old man a push, or (2) hit the gas and change lanes ahead of the car getting on at Redwood Road. I chose the gas, fishtailed a few times, and wound up stopping very suddenly in the eastbound lanes.

I tried to put it off to the right, but I was 21 and not very skilled. I remember thinking I had bought the farm as I went into the median. Fortunately there was a traffic jam going the other way, so it only hurt the front bumper of a '78 Chevy Silverado pickup and killed my Nova.

After that I got a red '76 Camaro with a white vinyl top that ate master cylinders and sucked in general.

Here's what the Lancer looked like:

http://mister-lou.deviantart.com/art/1961-Dodge-Lancer-sedan-139113128

Much less embarrassing than I remember. I would totally have this now. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2013 02:41PM by munchybotaz.

Date: August 24, 2013 03:50PM

the only wreck I've ever had occured on Redwood Road. Go figure. I like the old dodge lancer, at least from the pictures and btw, what was my first car in HS? The 80's dodge lancer. yup.

Date: August 24, 2013 04:10PM

and the Lancer, too, before I wrecked my Nova.

The Impala was on the way home from church, with my dad--who had stupidly let me drive for the first time ever--in the passenger seat going, "Oh, my god! Oh, my god!" as I took a turn too fast and then just sort of froze and T-boned an International Scout.

With the Lancer, I was grounded (as I often was throughout high school). I was supposed to come straight home from a choir gig, but instead I stopped at Pizza Hut and had a couple beers. You could buy beer at 18 at the time in Colorado, and one of my choir friends was 18.

The Lancer left much of the front end of the '77 Saab I turned in front of sitting in the road. All it did to the Lancer was crunch in the right front fender, and my dad used his mood-disordered superhuman strength to straighten it with one hand.

Amazingly, no one asked where I had been or if I had been drinking.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2013 02:32PM by munchybotaz.

Date: August 24, 2013 04:26PM

lol nice. My lancer actually burned down completely for no reason one day. It was so unrecognizable as being a car, I got a notice from the apartments I was living in telling me they were going to tow it as garbage if I didn't lol

Date: August 24, 2013 04:33PM

That's interesting. And were you in it when it caught fire?

Date: August 24, 2013 04:51PM

no, I was actually in my friends house when it caught on fire. It was a dil of a GA actually LOL. She just randomly looked outside and saw smoke. We called the fire dept and they had to close off the street to put it out.

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 01:53PM

Just saying.

Posted by: Inverso ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 03:44PM

Even if it were a Miata or a Fiat 500 or a Mini Cooper or a Subaru wagon?!

(kidding. except that I'd take the Fiat in any color)

Posted by: MJ ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 04:15PM

Or so I have been told!

P.S. I love my lesbian car and it is not pink!

Date: August 24, 2013 04:18PM

I should like to see a picture of you with the MJ mobile.

Date: August 24, 2013 04:27PM

my boyfriend drives a 2006 black outback with tinted windows. He may object to this post :)

Posted by: Itzpapalotl ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 06:36PM

Those and Toyota trucks are the Official Colorado Lesbian Vehicles of Choice.

Posted by: rationalguy ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 02:20PM

I really like pink, but never admit it. 62 year old men are a little repressed about things like that.

Date: August 24, 2013 02:44PM

He wasn't repressed about it at all. But I'll bet the other newspaper men gave him some shit.

Posted by: exdrymo ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 02:44PM

There was an episode of Barney Miller where a guy is describing his stolen 1950's era pink car.

Whenever anyone referred to it as pink he responded...

"It's not pink! It's CORAL! It was a very popular color in the 50's!!"

Date: August 24, 2013 03:41PM

Posted by: agrazingmace ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 04:22PM

i had a blue car once and i'm not only female but GAY!

stereotypes are so passe

*sigh*

Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 05:12PM

YES That is what it almost looked like. Mine had green interior, no floor boards, passenger door would not open from the inside. Only one windshield wiper worked (drivers) and you had to get out of the car to stop the windshield wiper.

I wished I had known the color was coral, but then I am not gay so why would I?

Just a joke.

Posted by: crom ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 06:22PM

http://www.olduscar.info/1958_Chevrolet.html

All yours for less than $3K. (upper left)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.