Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: themaster ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 07:29PM

I have noticed some posters always try to put a positive spin on anything regarding TSCC.

I know that when I started looking for the truth, I was still positive about TSCC. It was after I finally realized the things I was reading on blogs like this one were true and TSCC was nothing more than a lying scumbag organization.

Everyone is at a different place in their recovery. I hope you stay and learn the truth about TSCC and their myths.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: StoneInHat ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 08:41PM

I was active up to the day I resigned. I had tried everything to find a way to stay in the LDS church because I knew what the risks were in leaving. I finally came to a point where I could no longer reconcile my doubts and my membership in the LDS church, so I resigned. I made it clear to my leaders that I was not offended by anyone and that I had not committed and grave sin that needed to be confessed.
After my name was removed, I actually felt better than I did as a Mormon. I thought I'd lose the gift of the Holy Ghost, but I actualy feel more at peace now than I did when I was Mormon. I still get depressed, but it's not as bad and I don't try to rely on "Mormon Magic" to fix it.

Posted by: Red ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 08:50PM

I'm not active and can't imagine going back to that torture ever again. But sometimes people on these forums get so negative & sarcastic, so a dose of positivity here & there makes things brighter. I know we're all recovering in our own ways.

Posted by: spwdone ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 09:53PM

Nope. I tried for years and years to make it work and make sense, finally woke up to reality and have been happily out ever since!

Posted by: closer2fine ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 09:56PM

Im technically still active......but definitely not positive about the church.....I'm working up to informing hubby that I no longer believe.

Posted by: stillburned ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 09:57PM

Good luck! Here's hoping for the best (that is, that he already has doubts and is just keeping it together for your sake...well, I try to think positive).

Posted by: ck ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 10:08PM

Still active, but working closer to devising our exit strategy. Looking to make a major step in the next couple of weeks by informing the bishop we'll no longer be serving in callings and we want to be left alone.

Posted by: spwdone ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 10:11PM

Good luck to all of you working your way out. It can be difficult to break those bonds, it's a big life change. They are bonds though - good luck with hitting freedom!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 10:21PM

I am a mormon priest. The only people who are not impressed by that are mormons and exmormons.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.