Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cymorg ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 07:37PM

Just thought it was ironic that many dinosaurs remains are found in utah there lds don't really want to believe in dinosaurs lol

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: upsidedown ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 08:30PM

They believe in them....but they KNOW that god put the dinosaurs into the earth when he organized the earth from matter that was on other planets where dinosaurs were living. So that solves it. That's why they carbon date so old...that other planet that god took dinosaurs from was pretty old. Earth is only 7,000 yrs old and there were never any dinosaurs here.

And there was a flood too...god is also tricking us about that. (no scientific evidence of it...gotta just believe)

Posted by: Senoritalamanita ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 08:32PM

The only old dinosaurs the church officially believes in are located in the church office building in SLC.

Posted by: darksided ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 08:33PM

lol

Posted by: spwdone ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 10:09PM

It is pretty ironic! That's exactly what I was told as a child when I asked about the discrepancy between dinosaur fossils and church doctrine. It never quite worked for me though, perhaps the beginning of the end. . . .

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 10:18PM

I was told dinosaurs roamed the earth while Adam was asleep in the garden. God removed them so Adam could occupy the earth.

Date: August 24, 2013 10:33PM

I never heard that one, that's a good one. How did they explain the carbon dating discrepancies? Really, I am curious.

Date: August 24, 2013 10:45PM

Adam slept for however long the dinosaurs roamed. Hence no discrepancies in carbon dating.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 24, 2013 10:55PM

Uthat has a state dinosaur. it is the Allosaurus.

Date: August 24, 2013 11:27PM

Interesting. So even though the Earth was created in 7 days, each day lasting a thousand years, Adam slept for several million years, through several climate shifts and the corresponding dinosaur types? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around that one.
Taking me back to the days where the teacher got annoyed at my questions and I was told to leave my Sunday School or Primary Class and go talk to the Bishop. Let's just say almost every Sunday ended up with me getting whaled on for getting in trouble at church. Fun times.

I love that Utah has a state dinosaur!

Date: August 25, 2013 12:08AM

The earth was created in 7 steps.
An undefined time existed between each step.
Hence the earth can logically be billions of years old.
Reminder this is 60's era doctrine taught by folks brought up in the 10s to 30s.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.