Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: oncewasblind ( )
Date: August 25, 2013 08:16PM

In our stake conference yesterday the final speaker who was some guy from the third quorum of the 70 told us that their tithing money was going to help pay for hymn books and new chapels blah blah... hahah lol yeah right. How biut those malls? Haha what a load of BS!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: stillburned ( )
Date: August 25, 2013 08:19PM

DW's stake had an APOSTLE this weekend...neener! Shucks, we missed it.

Posted by: reinventinggrace ( )
Date: August 25, 2013 08:28PM

oncewas -- did you go up afterwards and ask to see the balance sheets? Or, if you can guess what the discrepancy is between what your ward "sends to Salt Lake" and what it gets back, where the difference went?

Or you could send him a personal letter, after the fact.

RG

Posted by: munchybotaz ( )
Date: August 25, 2013 08:34PM

I'd be surprised if they cost the church more than a couple bux to produce. Do they still have enough for everyone?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2013 08:34PM by munchybotaz.

Posted by: Mormon Observer ( )
Date: August 25, 2013 08:50PM

Allright lets do some fun story problems;

An average ward supposedly has 300 people attending, add a choir, and the Bishopric how many hymnals? Let's be real generous; 200 new hymnals @$6.50 each + S&H of $6.95= $13.45 if ordered individually and not in bulk....so lets be crazy: 200 at $13.95 each = $2790.00

Wow, how many new chapels in your town? Our chapel was built in the 70s and still has the burlap wainscoting wall covering that was installed in the eighties.....The carpet hasn't been replaced within the last 12 years....

But wait..wait...we got a new New England Style Steeple in 2005!!!!

With the amount of tithing that goes out of a ward; $100,000.00+ a year we sure don't see it in our chapels that are 'member' cleaned. I'm sure our ward had six or seven times the aforementioned number in tithing going to SLC every year...and my $1200 went so far in helping the brethern so they could eat well, vacation in Hawaii and fly first class....and their children could have million dollar contracts to build city creek mall....:)

Better stop here, wouldn't want to sound a trifle bitter or irritated....:D!

Thank you RFM for understanding my aches.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 25, 2013 10:27PM

LDS, Inc. owns (at least Did Own) their own fleet of trucks; No Way would they pay someone else to ship them, prolly to each S.C.... then the members 'get to' schlep them to each ward!

Posted by: QWE ( )
Date: August 26, 2013 06:50AM

300 people per ward? Everybody on this forum says it's much less than that attending. More like 100 people per ward.

Posted by: left4good ( )
Date: August 25, 2013 10:10PM

I absolutely marvel at the mental gymnastics I hear from TBMs in justifying why TSCC doesn't release financial reports to even their own membership. It's amazing.

Posted by: AnemicMe ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 09:31PM

I'm going to be straight up with you guys. Let's all be honest here. First can u please tell me your age group. I've noticed a lot of Mormons get rebellious by 17 and often return more devoted than before

I am late 20's-early 30's convert of about 7-8 years

I'll just get right to it: these are genuine questions. I don't understand why you would both mock our leaders if you still participate in church??? Why? Why go at all? Surely u wouldn't question them on tithing and basically stealing from Christ by hoarding from his Sheep.
If u don't buy into it then why gather at this Mormon forum?
Are u the hypocrites some talk of who even would drink and eat damnation unto your souls by partaking of or God forbid preparing and uninspiredly bless the Sacramebt to yourselves and others

Why stick around? And why do I as a convert who still struggles to come to church thru great illness and oy try and pay tithing off a disability check that has been recently lowered unjustly by $240+. I'm not complaing. I feel blessed and am blessed to offer what I can. Sometimes more I hope to think. Why does someone like me seem to know more about how all our easily very traceable tithing money goes. Have u ever thought to ask how exactly YOUR tithing is distributed? Had any of u been generous enough to off more than fast $5 and minimum 10% if u had it left over at the end of month/year/week. I say/ask because on the tithing slip simply scroll down an give sonething toward the Temple or Food Cabinet reserve or SOMETHJNG. then or beforehand really u should seek your bishop - without being arrogant spoiled sounding 15-16 ur old boys holding a grudge cuz thst can't both house the Holy Spirit and hold ä* calling WHILST always giving in to Masterbate Friday-Sun morning. Off to prepare my bread for someone worthy

Look. I'm not here to cast stones. I really want to understand where u are coming from. But that's an impossible feat when all u do is giggle and point at at least your elders in the community. U have no respect for old folks especially amazing leaders of our time such as pres Heinkley And beloved pres. Monson

Even if the church is fraud and the leaders aside from Monson are corrupt he is good and he's got the power over the others and Christ over them all! . He's a good man and ever more charitable (having the PURE love of Christ/ God. And u laugh and act as tho u are any better?

What is the matter with u boys. U have no evidence the leaders are hoarding cash. And as messed up as that would be. , do we as a church body of Christ not benefit ENOUGH on the resources they DO delegate to us ?

Damn they help out every single one of your countries. As first responders. Have ANY of u done this as pseudo fake agent Latter-Day Saints ,

So why the act? U remind me of progressives. If u don't like the constitution get the Hell out.

Am I wrong? I'm not saying anything shocking or new here?

So what's the story? Why were u so offended u left and how is it I can humble myself in faith Chrises remain temperate and u life long member cannot?

I know I should not assume u were raised in the church. It's jst I wanted to cut to the chase

Why did u get baptised. ? Itregardkess of ABY AND EVERY possible CORRUPT or fake saint like u all appear to appear to be strangers in your masks. Yeah. People are strange estranged from thier own savior. Because no persons bad apple rebellion can make the actual GOSPEL of Jesus Christ untrue,right?!

U must somewhere deep in your hearts recall that first time u KNEW the The Book Of Mormon is true and Joseph smith restored the Keyes, right? So what changed ? U allowed imperfect people and maybe church leaders sometimes self admitingly erroneously act or speak. But they are imperfect and they're falling short even as we expect too much from our church leaders. Christs chosen few.
But are not we ALL beggars. Prophets are no BETTER than sardonic priesthood holders. And yet again Monson will have done more for God assuredly than u negative currently are

No?

Correct me I'm open. Just curious. I'm solid

Thx !

Posted by: zarahemlatowndrunk ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 09:40PM

Very funny

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 01:28AM

They help out countries? Bahahaha

Don't you get it?
The Mormon church recruits people like you in order to get free work and more money.

Top LDS leaders understand what every banker and business person knows - little sums add up to big sums very quickly.
Especially when you can operate mostly tax free.

You, sir or madam, are a fool for giving your money to a cult without demanding to see an accounting where it goes.
WISE UP !

Date: January 07, 2014 01:28AM

They help out countries? Bahahaha

Don't you get it?
The Mormon church recruits people like you in order to get free work and more money.

Top LDS leaders understand what every banker and business person knows - little sums add up to big sums very quickly.
Especially when you can operate mostly tax free.

You, sir or madam, are a fool for giving your money to a cult without demanding to see an accounting where it goes.
WISE UP !

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 09:40PM

Want to try that again--in English this time?

Posted by: nonamekid ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 12:51AM

This is the quality of converts that TSCC is getting these days?

Posted by: Pyewacket ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 09:43PM

I think you might be confused as to where you are....

Posted by: johngaltspeaking ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 09:48PM

In before deletion.

Posted by: Facing Tao ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 09:58PM

Why stick around? As you may have noticed, most of us are not sticking around, or those of us who are to some extent do so in order to try to keep the family together.

Tithing.. I say this: an organization that claims to follow Christ's teachings has no place to be spending upwards of $1.5bn on a LUXURY SHOPPING MALL. If Jesus lived today, it is a kind of place where he'd go to turn over the tables. Of course, then the security guards would probably shoot him... :(

And me personally, I never "knew" that TSCC was true – I always knew it is not. But I gave in to joining as it was (and unfortunately continues to be) important to DW. This, I now recognize, was a mistake. Same goes for the temple experience. Now its creepyness has been permanently stored into my cortex.

Posted by: dodgeawrench ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 11:23PM

Please AnemicMe don't do that again. Your rant, claiming you don't want to cast stones. but you end up casting boulders was not helpful at all. And BTW, I'm 39 yrs old.

Posted by: nailamindi ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 11:29PM

Brilliant satire. For the record I'm 29 and a woman although I do love to masturbate...

Posted by: nailamindi ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 11:29PM

Forgot to add that I'm a progressive! And a feminist!

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 12:58AM

You guys can have this one for a little while even though it hijacks the original thread.

AnemicMe, for your own sake educate yourself http://www.exmormon.org/tract2.htm is a good starting point then start doing your own research.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 06:10AM

Oops, sorry, Susan -- I just reported it before I saw your post.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 06:12AM

Many, perhaps most churches publish their financials. The LDS church does not. If you are so sure where the money goes, ask to see an accounting of how the money was spent. You won't get that because church leaders don't share it!

Posted by: grubbygert ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 09:47PM

"prepare my bread for someone worthy"

giggity

Posted by: dazed11 ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 09:47PM

I left the church when I was 25 years old. Until that time I was completely faithful and did not rebel in the typical teenage ways at all. I left the church because I did not believe it was God's one true church. It is that simple. This is not a mormon forum. If you look at the web address it is exmormon.org. Most of us do not attend church. We mock the leaders because we think it is hilarious that they pretend to speak for God. I am not one who thinks the Mormon leaders are complete scammers. I think they genuinely believe they are doing God's work. But that doesn't stop them from enriching themselves at the same time. I'm sure they think they deserve since they work so hard. How did President Monson, who was called as an apostle in his early 30's, manage to acquire a vacation home in an expensive resort town? They definitely aren't traveling without purse or scrip as Jesus commanded that his apostles should do.

Posted by: Stormin ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 10:01PM

I left the church as soon as I found out it was a SCAM to separate people (normally lower middle-class and a lot of widows who want to be back with their dead husbands) from their money. It is very effective even with old goats running the scam ----- read the essays the church just put out. We were taught the blacks were denied the priesthood because of their premortal lives ---- by FALSE Prophets and JS translated the BoM by the U/T not a Rock in his Hat. How much can even a brainwashed Mormon take before the logic sets in? As for myself, I actually prayed for documentation to either prove or disprove the church was true. Within a week I got that documentation! Praise the Lord! I have no problem with brainwashed people staying Mormon ----- God bless you now because you will have tough sledding trying to explain why you followed False Prophets when the Bible warns us (Bible believers) about them!

Posted by: The Invisible Green Potato ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 10:07PM

AnemicMe, please don't give from your disability payments to TSCC. Salt lake city does not need any more shopping malls.

I personally left TSCC when I tried to prove to myself that scientists are wrong and the earth is approximately 13 thousand years old like I had been taught at church my whole life. I quickly found that the scientists are right.

As it turns out, there are many untruths perpetuated by TSCC. So many that all I can do is laugh at myself for all of the ridiculous things that I used to believe. It is so easy to prove that TSCC is false that you can do it using pro-mormon sources.

Anyhoo, you probably shouldn't be surfing the net if you want to protect your faith. Which do you value more? Faith or Truth? I chose truth. Good luck with whatever you choose. I can only hope that you choose truth too.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 11:46PM

For the record I'm closer to 70 than to 60.

I was a tithe-paying, believing Mormon until age 31.

At that point I realized it was fake.

I, like you, said to myself, "well, even if it's not true the
leaders are decent folk," and continued to attend and
participate as a closet disbeliever, until my integrity could
take it no more.

And Furthermore, for the record, Thomas S. Monson has been a
full-time general authority for over half a century; he is a
millionaire. Boyd K. Packer talked about how, in his early
days, he struggled to pay the rent. He has been a full-time
general authority for over half a century. He is also a
millionaire.

Some "sacrifice."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2014 11:52PM by baura.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: January 06, 2014 11:54PM

The Quorum of 70 guy does not know where the Church money goes.
That information is only for the eyes of a VERY few.

Posted by: thorn ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 12:03AM

What is the matter with u boys. U have no evidence the leaders are hoarding cash. And as messed up as that would be. , do we as a church body of Christ not benefit ENOUGH on the resources they DO delegate to us ?

Damn they help out every single one of your countries. As first responders. Have ANY of u done this as pseudo fake agent Latter-Day Saints ,
Now just a damn minute anemicme, what has LDS corp ever done for Australia except pulled money out of here to send to Utah to make elite Mormon Americans rich. It's for certain that mall or BYU is never going to do anything for an Aussie your church is all take and only gives a pittance back to Aussie members. If they ever do anything positive you can be sure they make the yellow t-shirts visible and get plenty of media coverage. Aussies are giving the church the middle finger salute in ever growing numbers and by the way I'm 63.

Date: January 07, 2014 12:58AM

A $ billion here, a $ billion there, pretty soon you are talking big money.
That's a lot of hymn books.

Demand to see the morg's P & L statements for the last five years before you give them another dime!

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: January 07, 2014 06:05AM

Then he should have no qualms about opening the books, right?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.